Eighteen

Olivia's POV:

Allison parks in front of Lydia's house and hesitantly put her gear in park. She turns around to me with uncertainty but I shake my head, already knowing what she was asking.

"Not yet." I mouth and she nods. She turns to face Lydia, who was still upset about what had happened at the house.

"I need you to promise that you won't say anything about what just happened," Allison says and Lydia's eyebrows furrow.

"I'll promise not to say anything about what just happened if you two can tell me what the hell just happened." She slightly raises her voice.

"It's complicated I--"

Lydia interrupts me. "How about you start with why was Derek there, or where Jackson went, or what is wrong with Erica?"

Allison looks down in shame, most likely trying to come up with an excuse that causes the strawberry blonde to scoff.

"Oh, do you need a minute to come up with a plausible lie?"

"Part of the reason why I'm asking is that Scott and I aren't supposed to be seeing each other, okay?" Allison says and I slowly sink in my seat, recalling what happened between us in the bathroom.

"It's better to keep what you know to yourself," I spoke, feeling the guilt start to overwhelm me. "Especially if you want to protect the people you love."

"Fine," Lydia says, never looking away from Allison. "I'll keep what I know about you and your boyfriend, which is nothing, to myself." She says and opens the door.

Allison grabs Lydia's arm, preventing her from getting out. "It's not just my boyfriend, you get that right?"

"Let me go." She whispers but Allison kept her hold.

"For one second, please try and remember--"

"Remember what?" Lydia raises her voice.

"Remember what it feels like. All of those times in school when you see her--him, standing down the hall and you can't breathe until you're with them. Or those times in class when y-you can't stop looking at the clock because you know that they're standing right out there waiting for you." Allison rants as Lydia stayed quiet, listening to every word she said. "Don't you remember what that's like?"

I sink further into my seat, feeling shittier as her words hit me as she spoke.

Lydia shakes her head. "No."

"What do you mean no? You've had boyfriends." Allison whispers, releasing the hold she had but Lydia shakes her head.

"Not like that." She whispers, stepping out of the car and shutting the door behind her. We watch her quickly walk inside her house until she shuts the door.

Allison pulls out of the driveway and continues driving in silence to the direction where I lived. However, sitting in silence made my thoughts run wild.

Despite the fact we didn't even kiss, I still felt horrible. How far would we have gone if we actually kissed? Scott was barely starting to trust me and if he finds out that I almost kissed his girlfriend, he would definitely shun me out of the group.

How did Allison feel? Oh my god, she probably hates me. She doesn't deserve to take the fall for it. Should I bring it up with her now? Is this going to change things between us?

She arrives at my street and pulls into my driveway, never turning to face me which made it even more awkward. Was I supposed to just act as nothing happened?