Twenty-three

Olivia's POV:

"Ketamine?" I question as Stiles parks the car.

"It's something we use on the dogs but a higher dosage. It's supposed to slow down Jackson to buy us some time." He explains.

Stiles and I pull out the trash bags filled with mountain ash from the trunk and place it on the ground.

"No...not here," Scott whispers, causing Stiles and I to look up. "Not now." He says before starting to run inside.

"What the--Scott!" Stiles calls out.

"I'll follow him," I say and quickly sprint to where he ran off to.

Bodyguards waited in the entrance and I hand him my ticket. They nod their heads and proceeded to let me inside, but I kept sprinting to where Scott ran off to.

Immediately I saw tons of people dancing with various lights, making my eyes widen at the number of people here. Also, cause of the strong smell of alcohol...gross.

I look around until I spot Scott, leaning against a post as he stared at someone. I follow his gaze and see he was watching Allison with Matt as they walked out of the crowd. Uh oh.

I quickly run up to him and see Allison do the same as well. Scott holds her arm, pulling her further away from where Matt stood.

"What are you doing?" Scott immediately asks.

"You told me to go out with him." She says and I furrow my eyebrows. He what now?

"But not here!" He says, making Allison frown. "I have—we have a plan."

"You have a plan?" She questions and I nod. "Okay, okay. My father and Gerard...they're coming here."

I was about to respond but Scott beat me to it. "What did you tell them?"

"Scott." I scold, not liking the way his attitude was to her.

"I-I told them--"

He glares. "Allison!"

"I-I had to tell them!" She exclaims with frustration.

"They know it's Jackson." Scott glances at me before looking back at Allison.

"People are dying, Scott. What am I supposed to do?" She raises her voice but he groans.

"You're supposed to trust me." He argues.

"I do trust you, more than anyone!" She shouts over the music.

"This isn't going to work." He says to me but I shake my head.

"Scott, maybe it's a good backup plan," I suggest.

"What do you want me to do? I-I-I can fix it! Please, just please, tell me." She rambles.

He shakes his head. "Just stay out of the way."

"Scott!" She calls out as he tries to leave.

"Just stay out of the way!" He growls then storms off into a different direction.

I turn to Allison. "Hey, don't listen to him," I say as she stares sadly to where Scott took off to. "If I was put into your position, I probably would've done the same."

"I messed up." She says, turning away to look to me. "How come you're not mad? I thought we weren't on speaking terms for a while."

I shrug. "It doesn't mean that I stopped caring about you."

She gives a small smile. "Me too."

Suddenly, I remembered her Mom.

"Allison, I've been meaning to tell you and Scott." I start off and she fully turns to me. "Earlier at school, your mom caught you guys kissing in the classroom."