Twenty-eight

Olivia's POV:

We enter into what seemed like the break room and Scott retracts his hand to see the amount of blood that stained his hands.

"Are you healing?" I ask but he shakes his head.

"I can't take out the bullet." He mutters but Matt rolls his eyes.

"You know, I feel sorry for you two. Cause right now you're thinking, how am I gonna explain this once that heals." He points to the wound. "And the sad part is, you don't even realize how incredible it is that you actually are healing. 'Cause you know what happens to everyone else when they get shot?" He asks and aims the gun to me.

Shit.

Immediately he shoots my side, causing me to collapse to the ground as well. I gasp, pressing my hand against the wound in hopes of some comfort.

"They die," Matt smirks. Scott tries to reach down to me but he aims it to him. "Ah, I don't think so. This is revenge for pushing me out the window."

"You l-landed in t-the pool." I stutter. "What, you c-can't swim?"

Scott glances at Matt since he stayed quiet. "You drowned...didn't you?"

"He shouldn't have let them drink," Matt mutters.

"W-Who?"

He glares. "Lahey! He shouldn't have let the swim team drink!" He yells angrily. "I-I didn't know what was happening. I didn't know they had just won state. A-And Lahey's letting his favorites come over to have a couple of drinks to celebrate. Who cares if they were seventeen, right?"

"Were you at Isaac's?" Scott questions.

"He had this first edition Spiderman or Batman a-and we were gonna make a trade. Then I'm over there and I hear music a-and everyone's having a good time. I see Shawn throw Jessica into the pool and Bennett goes in--"

"The hunter?" I question, remembering the guy who helped Chris with kidnapping Allison and I at the gas station.

Matt completely ignores me. "Then Camden, Isaac's jarhead brother, he grabs me."

"They threw you in?" Scott suggests and I see Matt clench his fist.

"I yell that I can't swim but nobody listens. I go under and swallow water, but no one cares. I see these bodies underwater and see Jessica's got her hands under Shawn's board shorts, Tucker's grabbing Kara...and I'm drowning. I'm dying and they're laughing."

"Join the club, asshole." I scoff.

"Then all of a sudden..I'm just lying by the pool. Lahey is right there above me and says 'You tell no one! This is your fault! What little bastard doesn't know how to swim? You say nothing, you tell no one!'." He continues to yell, aiming the gun to Scott, not even looking in my direction anymore.

As he continued to explain about seeing the people he killed around town or school and how it all started with the Argent's funeral and how he managed to control the Kanima, I discreetly pull out my phone to pull up Allison's contact.

Alli🏹

jacksons here. police station. im hurt pls hurry.
{11:45 p.m}

"All I had to do was take their picture," He trails and eyes the mirror where we could see Jackson watching us. "and Jackson would take their life."

In a flash, the lights shut off and Matt stands up from his spot, aiming the gun between Scott and I. The alarm in the station blares out and it barely lit up the room since it flashed yellow and red.