Part 2: Talks with Beth,Arrival of Lori.

I learned the boy's name is Carl. A few hours after their arrival, daddy decided to try and take one of the fragments out.

    After Daddy started, the boy woke up and started crying and screaming bloody murder, because of the pain. I mean I don't blame him. The boys screams along with Rick's became too much for me. I ran to the horse stables to get away from it.

   Maggie came out not even an hour later, to get a horse. She informed me that the boy is okay, but daddy wasn't able to get all the fragments out. She also said that she was gonna go and get Lori, Rick's wife, and Carl's mom from the highway. Then she left.

    I just stayed in the stables. A lot has happened in my life in the past few months. Heck a lot has happened in one day. It's a lot to take in. I don't really know how long I was in the stables. When Beth came walkin' in. I was petting Nervous Nelly's nose.

    "Mackenzie, are you in here?" She called.

    "Yeah I'm over here!" I call back. She walks over," Why'd ya come in here?"

    "Daddy asked me to come check on ya. Are you okay Mack?" She asks calling me by my nickname, only her and Maggie call me.

    "Yeah, it's just a lot to happen in one day."

    "Yeah, I understand that. It's a lot for me, what happened in the past few months. I can't imagine how hard it is on you. With the little boy showing up shot. And, with momma and Shawn..."

    "I don't want ta talk about mama and Shawn Beth. Please don't talk about 'em."

    "Okay, I won't, But we can't just forget about 'em."

    "I won't Beth!" I shout, making her eyes go wide, " I'm sorry."

    "It's okay, I know your upset. You want me to sing to ya it always calms you down."

    "Sure."

    "What'd ya want me to sing?"

    "Can you sing mine, and mama's song? The one she used to love singing with me since I was real little."

    "Of course. I love the sunshine song." She said then began singing.

The other night, dear, as I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms
But when I awoke, dear, I was mistaken
And I hung my head and I cried

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You'll never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

I'll always love you and make you happy
If you will only say the same
But if you leave me to love another
You'll regret it all some day

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You'll never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

    I start singing with her. Cheering up a little bit.

You told me once, dear, you really loved me
And no one else could come between
But now you've left me and love another
You have shattered all my dreams