Part 4: Who Are They?

I was laying in my room, from when Dad sent me to it. I felt so bad. I regret everything I said to daddy. I didn't think about what I said when I said it. I'm gonna apologize to my dad the first chance I get.

    I hear the door to my bedroom open. And, I can already tell from the sound of their heavy footsteps, and the way they carefully sat on my bed, that it was Dad. I just kept my face in my pillow.

    "Mackenzie, I know your upset. But the way you acted today was uncalled for, and unacceptable." He pauses for a moment," Now I'm sorry for shouting at you, but you shouldn't have shouted at me, or back talked. When I say no I mean it."

    I stay silent.

    "Do you understand?" Daddy asked wanting me to speak.

    "Yes sir, I understand." I say, then turn over to look at him.

    "I know you just wanted to help. Your a good kid. A sweet, loving, and giving young girl, and I'm proud that you are." He says making me smile.

    "So if helping that boy in there is really what you want to do, I'm not gonna stop you. Just one transfusion though." He continues, making me smile more.

    "Thank you daddy." I say, then I look down to my hands in my lap. It's time to apologize," And, I'm sorry for the way I acted, I just want that boy to get better. Not only that, but I've been thinking about mama lately. With her being gone and all. I've just been upset. I guess it all became too much in that moment."

    "It's okay darlin' I know you were close with your mama. Guess I never really sat you down, and talked to you about how you felt. I'm sorry." Daddy says with a sympathetic smile.

    I smile sadly, and look up at Dad. He has the same sadness too I realized. It was his wife. I feel selfish now, cause ever since mom died, and mostly since Carl and his family arrived I've been gloomy about moms death, when my family is going through the same thing. I hug my father.

    "I just miss her so much." I say into Dad's shoulder.

    "I know I do too. Next time just talk about it don't lose your temper." Dad replies as he rubs my back to comfort me," When they develop a cure though, she'll come back, you just wait." I nod my head. He leaves my room.

    I don't think there will be one though. I don't think the things in the barn are the people they were anymore. My mom would never try to kill, or eat someone. That's not her in there it's just a monster.

    But, I'll never say that to anyone in my family, cause Daddy thinks their just sick. That they can get better. I already argued with Dad once I don't really want to argue again. Plus it keeps hope in our family, having the dead ones in the barn. And, I'm thankful for that, even if it's false hope.

*Couple hours later*

    After mine and Dad's talk I hung out in my room for a couple hours.

     I walked downstairs, and realized it was dark outside. How long was I in my room for?

    I walk outside on the porch and see Maggie sitting in the chair. I sit down in the one beside her.

     After a bit a car pulls up into the drive, and two men walk up. One with a bloody arm. I'm confused, but Maggie doesn't seem too concerned about them so I just stay calm. I don't think the men have seen us yet as they walk up to the porch.

    "Do you think we should knock? I mean it looks like people live here." The Asian man asked the black man with the bleeding arm.

     "We're past this kind of stuff, aren't we?" The black man replies," Having to be considerate." He says as they start to walk up the steps. Okay rude. Thanks buddy!

     "Did you close the gate up the road when you drove in?" Maggie asks the men from beside me, making them look towards us startled.

    "Uh, hi." The Asian says nervously to her, why is he nervous?," Yes, we closed it. Did the latch and everything."

    Maggie sighs and leans forward, I just look at the men. Confused as to who they are.

    "Hello, nice to see you again. We uh, met before briefly." The Asian man says. Again very nervous-like, I think he likes Maggie...wait they've met before? When?

    "Look, we came to help. There anything we can do?" The black man cuts in asking, I really wish I knew their names. Saying Asian man, and black man seems wrong.

    Maggie gets up and walks over. She stops when she sees the mans injured arm. What if it's a bite?

    "It's not a bite I cut myself pretty bad though." He says quickly seeing her reaction.

     "We'll have it looked at. I'll tell them your here." Maggie says in relief that it's not a bite.

     "We have some painkillers and antibiotics. I already gave him some. If Carl needs any." The Asian guy said. Oh, so their apart of Carl's group. Not so confused anymore.

    "Come on inside, we'll make you something to eat." Maggie says while looking at me then them. Indicating she was talking about me and her.

    I get up and we all walk into the house. The men walk into the room Carl is laying in. They look at him then at Rick and Lori. I can see the pity in their faces.

     "Hey." The Asian man says to Rick and Lori, who look up at him.

    "Hey." Rick says back. I feel sorry for him he just wants his son better.

    "Um, were here okay." He says to them.

    "Thank you." Lori says.

    "Whatever you need." The black man speaks too.

    Lori mouths another thank you, while Rick nods his head. And with that the two men follow Maggie into the kitchen, and I follow behind them.

     Me and Maggie start making them each a sandwich. When I finish I hand the sandwich I made to the black man, and Maggie hands hers to the Asian man. Maggie walks away to get Patricia, so she can stitch up the mans arm.

    "What are y'alls names?" I ask. Tired of calling 'em black man and Asian man.

    "I'm Glenn, and that's T-dog." The man originally known to me as the Asian man said. I nod.

"Nice to meet y'all, I'm Mackenzie." I introduce myself politely. They nod, and I walk away. Call me weird, but I think Glenn and Maggie would be cute together.

Is Mackenzie gonna play miss match maker she's just seeing what other characters aren't I guess. 😏
Mackenzie met T-dog and Glenn! She also apologized to Hershel. I tried to show a little bit of their relationship as best I could.💕
I miss Glenn in the show so much! Him and Maggie were so great together, he would have been an amazing father too!😩😢❤️

(What Walking Dead couple is your favorite, and which is your least favorite?)
Comment, vote, and share pls, and thank you 😊