Part 26: Clear Prison

The next morning, Maggie, Glenn, Rick, t-dog, and Daryl are getting ready to go and clear a cell block. They have been since before I woke up.

    I had slept in, for the first time since the time we left the farm. Being too afraid to fall asleep for long beforehand.

    I walk over to Maggie and Glenn. Who were making sure they had everything they needed before going to kill the walkers.

    "Hey Mack." Maggie says. "Slept well?"

    "Hey Mags. And yeah, I slept in to. For the first time in a while."

    "You did didn't you? Wish we could have." Glenn smiles at me.

    "Why couldn't ya?" I ask.

    "Rick woke us up early to talk about and get ready for today."

    "Please be careful you guys." I say to them both. And look to see Rick and T-dog. "All of you be safe." The two smile at me and nod.

    "Of course we will Kenzie." T-dog reassures me.

    I feel someone nudge my shoulder. I look to see Daryl.

    "Don't ya worry. I'll make sure everyone gets through this, in one piece." He says quietly to me. I giggle.

    "As long as everyone is alive and in one piece." I say. "And that's including you."

"Alright kid." He says.

"They'll be fine sweetheart." Daddy says walking up beside me. "Y'all Ready?" He asks the group going into clear.

Rick opened the gate, and him, Daryl, Maggie, Glenn, & T-dog went inside and started taking out the walkers. Daddy, Carl, Carol, Lori, Beth, and I all shout at the walkers, turning their attention towards us instead of the others inside.

    "Come on! Hey, come on! Hey! Hey, over here! Come on! Hey come here!" We shout as the others kill the walkers.

    The others go behind a wall in the distance causing us to lose visual of them all.

    "I can't see them." I hear Lori say. "Can you see them?" She directs her question towards Carol who is in between me and Lori.

    "Back there." She said pointing in a direction. But I couldn't see what they did very well, maybe due to them being taller than me. I crawl on top of a crate to try and get a better view. 

    I see them fighting off walkers, and see Rick kick a walker into a fenced area, and Daryl immediately closing the gate afterward. Then I gasp as I watch Maggie struggle with a guard walker with a helmet on.

    Then she lifts its head and shoved her weapon upward into its skull. I giggle at the face she makes toward T-dog and Glenn who just stare at her. They then kill the remainder of the geared up walkers.

    When done, they all go into a door which I'm guessing is leading to cells or a cell block is what I guess they call it.

    After a few minutes the group that went inside came back to the gate. Daddy slides it open.

    "Alright guys, come on. Follow us." Rick says, and we all follow him inside the prison.

    I walked beside Carl with Lori on the other side of him. Us and Carol being in the back of the group. I was looking around, having never been around a prison before let alone, inside one. As I was thinking, I hear a growl off to my right side, snapping me out of thought. I realize I've fallen a bit behind the others. I turn to the right....

    I screamed at the top of my lungs, once I turned and came face to face with a walker who grabbed tight hold of my shirt.

I know it's short, but I have had writers block, and I thought it would be fun to leave y'all with a cliff hanger.

It won't be long, I'll post the next update either tonight or early tomorrow. Or I plan to anyway. Can't promise anything lol🤷🏻‍♀️😂 please vote, & leave a comment and let me know if you like the book and what u think is gonna happen next. love y'all 😘