Part 24: Overrun

I was sitting in the living room reading my book. When I feel someone sit down beside me on the couch cushion.

I look up and I see Carl, he gives me a small smile. I smile back at him, putting down my book and giving him my attention.

"Hey Mackenzie." He says.

"Hey Carl." I reply. "How are you?"

"Not as upset anymore. My dad talked to me."

"Carl, I'm sorry I didn't want to tell him. He made me though. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. Shane would've told him if you didn't."

"What do you mean?"

"I gave him the gun to give back to Daryl. I didn't want to touch a gun anymore." He looks down at his lap. "He gave it to my dad and he gave it back to me. Said I need it, and no more kid stuff."

"Oh."

"Dad also told me to apologize to you. I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelings Mackenzie. I didn't mean to."

"It's okay. I forgive you and I understood that you were upset." I say and smile at him. "It's not your fault Dale died Carl."

"I know dad said that too."

I slide over and pull him into a tight hug. He hugs me back. When we pull away I speak again.

"This might sound bad, but I'm really glad Otis shot you." I say, he looks at me weird.

"What? Why?!" He asks. I giggle.

"Because if he didn't, me and you would've never met each other Carl. You're my best friend."

"Oh." He chuckles. "Then..I guess I'm glad I was shot also." He laughs some more.

We continue talking and I catch a glimpse of Patricia and Lori smiling at us from the kitchen. I am truly happy that the group found our farm when they did.

{Later}

Almost everyone was inside the house, Patricia, Carol and some of the other girls were preparing a dinner.

Rick and Daryl were preparing to take Randell out.

Me and Carl walk out onto the porch and sit on the chairs, talking about our lives before, and some things we miss. Something we do a lot considering we don't have much else to talk about unless we want to talk about walkers or the animals.

As Rick and Daryl walk closer to the porch where we are, we hear T-dog shouting.

"What's wrong?" Rick asks him when he gets to us and as the people inside come outside.

"Randall's missing." T-dog informs.

"Missing? How?"

T-dog leads everyone down to the shed that they were keeping Randell in.

"How longs he been gone?" Rick asked t-dog.

"What's going on?" Lori asks loudly, but is ignored.

"Hard to say." T-dog answers Rick. "Cuffs are still hooked."

"Must of slipped them." Daryl said.

"Is that even possible?" I ask furrowing my brows. Everyone looks towards me, Rick nods while Andrea says.

"It is if you've got nothing to lose."

"The door was secured from the outside-" t-dog starts but is cut off.

"Rick! Rick!" We hear shouting, and then look towards the woods, seeing Shane with a bloodied face. My eyes go wide Maggie grips my shoulder protectively.