Part 28: Holy Shit

Mackenzie POV

I'm at a table, drawing on some paper that Glenn had found for me and Carl A while ago along with some markers. It was mainly for me though cause I enjoy it more than Carl.

Daryl, T-Dog, Dad and Rick put on the other side of the table I was at, all the useful things they found. They were gonna go and clear some of the other cell blocks or hallways/corridors that they could.

"Not bad." Daryl says.

"Flashbangs, CS Triple-Chasers. Not sure how they'd work on walkers, but we'll take them." Rick replies nodding.

"I ain't wearing this shit." Daryl says after picking up a helmet off the table, bloodied, and that has walker skin hanging off of it. Daddy nudged him. Making Daryl glare back at him.

"Please refrain from using that language around my youngest here." Daddy nods toward me. Daryl shrugs and nods. He winks at me, having heard me cuss before, making me giggle.

T-dog picks up gloves in just about the same condition as the helmet.

"We could boil them." He suggests.

"Ain't enough firewood in a whole forest, no! Besides, we've made it this far without them right?" Daryl says, refusing to wear the gear.

Carol walks in calling for dad.

"Everything alright?" Rick asks her.

"Yeah, nothing to worry about." She answers. I just go back to drawing.

The group going to clear are getting armed up and ready. I see Carl grab a helmet and put it on his head. I grimace in disgust, buts stand up and walk over.

I pick up some of the gloves looking at them.

"You won't need that, I need you to stay put." I hear Rick say to Carl. Taking the helmet from him.

"Awe, you're kidding!" Carl whines.

"We don't know what's in there. If something goes wrong, you could be the last man standing. I need you to handle things here."

"Fine" Carl says as I put the gloves down and pick up a gun looking thing. But it looks weird. It says taser on the side though.

 It says taser on the side though

^(just for reference)

"You definitely don't need that." I hear Maggie say and the taser thingy is immediately taken from my hands.