Part 9: Dinner Embarrassment

Bam!

    I jump when Andrea shoots at what she still thought was a walker. But, even I knew it wasn't by then.

    I hear Rick yell "no!!" And I immediately knew something was very wrong. Him and the other men who ran out there pick the person up and started to carry them towards the house.

    "Rick told you not to! He told you to wait Andrea!" I yell up at her, she was still on the RV.

    The men get closer and I realize it's that redneck.

    "Oh my god! Oh my god! Daryl! I thought he was a walker. Oh my god." Andrea starts panicking from beside me. I roll my eyes.

    "Rick! What on earth's going on out here?" I hear Lori say coming coming from the side of the house.

    The men walk up by us.

    "Oh my god! Is he dead?" Andrea says still in panic.

    "Unconscious. You just grazed him." Rick says as him and Shane hold Daryl up. So that's his name. At least That's what Andrea said his name was.

    "But look at him. What the hell happened? He's wearing ears." Glenn says as they are still walking closer. I look at Daryl's neck and sure enough he has a necklace of ears on, I grimace. Gross!

    Rick rips the ears off of Daryl's neck. And, he puts them in his pocket.

    "Let's all just keep that to ourselves." Rick says, then looks over at me with a pleading look. I nod, he's right if daddy knew about the ears he would think these people are dangerous, and would most likely kick them out first chance he gets, but I like these people.

    "Guys, isn't this Sophia's?" T-dog says holding up a doll. Who is Sophia!

    Nobody answers, we all just assume Daryl found it in the woods somewhere. I'm guessing he went by himself searching earlier today.

    I keep wondering who Sophia is. Everyone from the new group of people are talking about her, and searching for her. From the looks of it she is a little girl if not my age. But, that's so sad. It would be extremely scary if I was all alone in the woods.

Later that night

    It was a few hours ago Daryl came back injured. Daddy helped him. But, I can tell he's gonna be too stubborn to stay on bed rest like daddy ordered.

    Everyone was sitting down eating, I'm in between Beth and Maggie, when Glenn starts a conversation.

    "Does anybody know how to play guitar? Dale found a cool one." He says. I smile but then realize that Otis did. I look to Patricia, she looks sort of upset.

    "Somebody's got to know how to play." He continues.

    "Otis did." Patricia said sadly. Daddy grabs her hand.

    "Yes, and he was very good too." Daddy tells her.

    "Mackenzie knows how to play some. Otis started teaching Her a while back. I used to hear her play sometimes in her room, she's actually really good." Beth says from beside me. Making everyone look to us, my cheeks go red from the embarrassment.

    "I'm not really that good Beth." I say wanting the attention to be off of me.

    "Yes you are I've heard you too." Says Maggie. I look at her with a are you serious, stop it! Look.

    "You should play for us sometime then, Mackenzie." Rick said.

    "Yeah I'd like to hear it." Glenn says. I just nod my head shyly.

    Carol stands up and grabs another plate. We all look to her.

    "I'm gonna go and give Daryl some dinner." She said. And, then walks off.

Hope you liked part 9!<3
I'm sorry I haven't been able to post as much as I wanted to. But, I'm on my fall break so maybe I can use it to make up for it🤷🏻‍♀️😁but chapter is kind of short sry😬
So Mackenzie is a musician too? 💕
Chapter ?👇
(Can you play an instrument? If so which one is it?)