Part 16: Black Sheep

I'm sitting outside on the porch swing. Rick and Glenn went out to find my dad, so that he can help Beth.

    I'm just sitting and fiddling with my fingers, until I feel someone sit on the swing beside me. I look over and see Maggie.

    "Hey Maggie." I greet her as she sits.

    "Hey Mack." She answers back. "Ya okay?" She asks me.

    "I'm fine." I say nodding my head at her. She rubs my shoulder.

    "Are you sure?" She presses. I nod again.

    "Yeah Mags, I'm sort of used to everything goin' wrong. It seems now that it happens more often than not."

    "Yeah, guess your right, but things will get better. I know it."

    "How do ya know that?"

    "Cause everythin' happens for a reason. Daddy is gonna get back and help Beth get better. And we'll figure everythin' out like we always do." She says and I nod.

    "Yeah, I guess your right." I say, then I look up at her. "Can I ask you a question?" I ask, smirking.

    "Of course you can." She replies.

"Are ya in love with Glenn?" I say smiling widely, and raising my eyebrows waiting for an answer.

She looks at me wide eyed. She scoffs playfully, and then laughs. I giggle, then she finally answers me.

"Yeah, I think I am. At least, I like him a lot  , if not in love with him." She says, I smile bigger if that was even possible. "What?" She says at my expression.

    "I knew it." I exclaimed.

    "Ya knew what?" She asks, raising her eyebrows.

    "That y'all liked each other. I thought y'all would be cute together. I called it."

    "You're sayin' that like we're already a couple. Calm down kiddo."

    "What'd ya mean? Y'all ain't together yet?"

    "No, I'm not even sure if he feels the same way about me." She says looking down at her hands. I roll my eyes, and give her a are you kiddin' me face.

     "Maggie, your kiddin' right? I mean it's not like the guy is good at hiding his feelings, cause he ain't. I can see it. You ain't stupid I know you can too." I say.

    "But, I'm not sure. Ya know I told him I loved him. He didn't say it back."

    "Maybe he got too nervous to."

    "Maybe. But what about you and Carl?"

    "What about us?"

"Do you like him?"

"No." I lie. "He's already like a best friend to me, we're just friends."

"Well everyone in a relationship are always friends first before anything else." She replies. Then, she pats my back and goes back inside to check on Beth.

I decide to go on a walk. As I'm walking I see Lori walk up to Daryl, who is making a wooden arrow. I'm close enough to hear the conversation, so I start walking slowly.

"Moving to the suburbs?" She jokes. He doesn't even look at her. "Listen, Beth's in some kind of catatonic shock. We need Hershel."

"Yeah. So what?" Daryl replies.

"So I need you to run into town real quick and bring him and Rick back." Lori asks. "Daryl?" She says when he don't answer.

"Your bitch went window-shopping. You want him? Go fetch him yourself. I got better things to do." Daryl gruffly says back.