Part 20: Interrogation

Rick and Shane came back beat up. But, they brought Randell back with them, putting him back in the barn. Randell didn't seem to have any new bruises or cuts, like they did. I wonder what happened to them?

I was walking to the house from the chicken coops. I see Rick speaking to Daryl, then Daryl walks toward the barn, while Rick walks over to the tents.

My curiosity gets the best of me. I walk over to the barn, and peek through the cracks. I see Daryl in front of Randell who is looking up at the man, trying to back away.

Daryl throws a punch at the boy, hitting him in the face, making me silently yelp. He hits Randell again, I flinch at the sound of contact. I scrunch up my face at Randell's crying and whimpers of pain. Why does Daryl have to hurt him so bad.

    "I told ya." Randell says to the redneck, after catching his breath.

    "You told me shit!" Daryl says, pulling Randell into a seated position against the wall.

    "I barely knew those guys! I met em on the road." Randell tries to defend himself.

    "How many are in your group?!" Daryl asks threateningly. Randell just looks at him. I see Daryl pull out his knife. My eyes go wide, and I'm sure Randell's did too.

    "No,no,no,no, come on, man!" He pleads, frantically. He screams in fear, and I flinch again when Daryl quickly stabs it into the floor. My mouth drops open.

    "How many!"

    The only violence I've ever really seen, was when Rick's group shot at all the walkers from the barn.

    And, with how the world is now, I have a feeling I'm gonna see a lot more.

    "Uh, uh 30...30 guys!" Randell answers panting.

    "Where?"

    "Uh." Randell doesn't finish, before Daryl rips his bandages from his leg, making him scream in pain. "I don't know! I swear!" He says through clenched teeth. I keep watching in fear. "We were never any place more than a night." Randell finished.

    "Scoutin', plannin' on staying local?!" Daryl asks looking the boy in the eyes, with a very scary look. Putting the tip of his knife into Randell's leg wound. I think I might get sick, but I cant take my eyes away for some reason.

    "I-I don't know! They left me behind."

    "You ever pick off a scab?"

    "Come on, man! I'm trying to cooperate!"

    "You start real slow at first, sooner or later you just gotta rip it off."

    "Okay! Okay. T-t-they have weapons, automatics. B-but, I didn't do anything!" Randell yells out of pain from Daryl's knife. Kinda feel bad for him.

    "They shot at my boys! Tried to take this farm. You just went along for the ride, you're trying to tell me your innocent?!" Daryl pressed.

    "Yes!" Randell yells. "T-these people took me in. Not just men, a whole group; men, women, uh kids too, just like you people. Thought I'd have a better chance with them ya know?"

    Daryl had taken the knife away from Randell's leg, and was now Standing, pacing and listening to Randell.

    "But, we go out, scavenge. Just the men. One night, we, we found this little camp sight. Man, and his two daughters. Teenagers, ya know, real young, real cute." Randell says, then looks up at Daryl who was turning around to face him with a furious look. "Their daddy had to watch while these guys, they... and they didn't even kill him afterwards. They j- they just made him watch. His daughters, j-just left em there." My eyes have tears in them listening to this. I know what they did to those girls was awful and I feel bad for them. I was scared now knowing what Randell's group has done before.

    "B-but I'm not like those guys, I'm not!" Randell says but is kicked where the sun don't shine.

    Randell begs Daryl to believe him, but Daryl just hits him some more.

    With wide eyes, I just back up, tears falling one by one now. I trip over a crate, mentally cursing myself when it made a loud noise, and the sounds of Randell's beating stopped. I knew I've been caught.

    Daryl runs out of the barn doors, and looks down at me on the ground.

    I look up at him with a tear stained face, and scared eyes. I see his eyes soften. He goes to speak to me, but I quickly stand up and sprint up to the house.

    I hear him call after me, but he doesn't run after me. I look back to see him go back into the barn.

    I'm guessing to rough Randell up some more.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. It's a little short.
It's been a while since I posted last, but I update when I can. I'm sorry.😬
If you liked it please vote. Give me some feedback too and comment.
(Chapter ? 👇)
Do you think Randell was actually innocent in the show, or was he guilty?