Part 17: Big Brother Carl

Shane had gotten back with an injured Lori. And he had accidentally announced to the entire group that was there, that Lori was in fact pregnant.

    Even Carl didn't know and that was his mother.

    "I am so sorry that I left without telling you." Lori apologizes to Carl.

"It's okay, I wasn't scared." Carl says.

"When's Rick, Glenn, and my dad getting back?" I ask the adults in the room.

"Lets hope soon sweetheart." Carol answers me.

"I wanna be there when you tell Dad about the baby." Carl says to his mother.

"Oh, love, he already knows." Lori says. "We were just trying to find the right time to tell you." She says stroking his hair.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" I ask curiously, sitting on the couch on the other side of Lori. She smiles at me. This is new to me, no one in my family or close to me has been pregnant. I've always been the youngest in the family, so it's exciting to me.

    "Well we won't know that until it's born." Lori answers my question, still smiling at me.

    "Will I be able to feel it?" Carl asks, making Lori put her attention back on him.

    "Not for a while." Lori says, smiling, amused by all of our questions. "You guys must have a lot of questions, huh? We never had the talk did we Carl? Guess we forgot." Lori says looking at Dale making Carl follow her gaze. My eyes go wide and I giggle, I've already had 'the talk' with Maggie and my mom.

    "Don't look at me. That's your fathers job." Dale says, shaking his head. Making me giggle again. Everyone laughs at me.

    "If the baby's a girl, can we name her Sophia?" Carl asks Lori, she just smiles at him as the room goes quiet. I look over to see Carol get emotional and then walk out of the room to compose herself. Shane walks in.

"Hey dude." He says to Carl who just looks at him. "Hey, I'm sorry, bud. Okay? I thought you knew." He apologizes.

"Big brother Carl. Pretty cool, huh?" Carl responds, asking Shane with a smile on his face, turning to look at the man.

"I say that's very cool." Shane replies and we all laugh. "You...you mind if I talk to your mom for a sec?"

"How about a little after she's had some rest." Andrea suggests, handing Lori a damp washcloth to dab her head wound with, which was bleeding a little.

"Lori I had to get you back here." Shane starts talking, ignoring Andreas suggestion completely. "You wouldn't have come otherwise. How about you...how about you just hear me out, please?" Shane asks Lori, who reluctantly nods.

"It's okay." Lori says to Andrea. Who was kneeled in front of her helping to clean her wounds. The woman nods, then stands up and leaves the room, followed by Dale.

"Okay. Give me a minute, go hangout with Mackenzie, while we talk." Shane says looking at me and Carl. But talking to Carl. "Thanks bud."

Me and Carl then take that as our cue to leave. I grab Carl's arm and take him to my bedroom. I sit on my bed, while he sits at the chair by my desk.

"Well, that's cool. Your mom having a baby and everything." I say. He looks to me and smiles.

"Yeah it's so cool." He replies. "Can I ask a question?"

"Yeah?"

"What did my mom mean by 'the talk'"

"Umm, do you know how babies are made, like have you heard your friends talk about it or something?"

"Well...I kind of know. It's gross."

"Well, that's what the talk is. Your parents, or most of the time with boys, their fathers tell them about how babies are made, and how to be safe, and then their supposed to answer any questions that you might have."

"Ewww! Really?!" He asks. And I nod and giggle. "Well, I don't ever want to have the talk! Ever. That's nasty!" He says, then sticks his tongue out. Making us both burst out laughing.

"Did you have the talk with your parents yet?" He asks me, after we stop our laughing.

"Yeah with my mom and Maggie. When I was about 7 or 8." I answer. I looks at me wide eyed.

"Why when you were so young."

"Cause one day, me and Beth were unpacking Maggie's bags. She had come home from college for the summer, and Beth decided to go through Maggie's backpack. Then we found these pink and green pills. Which was birth control." I say cause Carl looked confused. "I didn't know what that was at the time so I didn't freak out, like Beth did. She ran outside and threw the pills in the pond. I laughed, but Maggie came running up on her horse and starts yelling at Beth. Shawn runs to me, and picks me up, then he ran outside thinking Beth or Maggie was hurt. He starts laughing when Maggie told him Beth threw her pills in the pond. He laughed so hard Maggie's horse reared up and got mud all over us. Anyways I was so confused about what the pills were and why everyone freaked out over them, and my mom decided her and Maggie could give me the talk." I finish my story, which made Carl laugh a few times.

"You know your really pretty Mackenzie." Carl compliments me really randomly. I immediately feel my cheeks heat up. I look down at my lap.

"Um, thanks." I say awkwardly.

"I'm sorry, that was really weird and random. I didn't mean anything by it, I was just trying to be nice." He says quickly. My heart drops a little he didn't mean it.

"It's fine."

Carl nods then compliments my room looking around it. He spots my journal and points at it.

"What is this." He says, picking it up.

"It's my journal, it's personal." I say as he opens the first page. I jump up and run over to him, snatching my journal. "I said it's personal Carl!" I snap holding it close to my chest. He laughs.

We pause. Looking at each other. Both of us blushing. Suddenly before I could do or say anything Carl quickly pecks my lips with his. My eyes go wide, and my face goes red.

"Why did you do that?" I ask shocked.

"I don't know, I just wanted to try it." He answers.

"I'm actually really tired, Carl. Can you leave my room so I can get some sleep." I ask embarrassed and confused.

He nods his head and leaves the room. And, I plop myself down on my bed and sigh loudly. HE KISSED ME?! Why did he do that. Does he like me? There's no way!

Hope you liked this chapter!❤️if you did please comment and vote😄
Carl and Mackenzie kissed! Let me know how you feel about that, it was really awkward😬😂but I hope you liked it.
(Chapter? 👇)
Have you watched the show from day one, or did you join in watching later in the series?