17

Namjoon

Haewon hadn't said a word since we got back in my car. She was staring out the window and I could see her scratching her palms. I could tell that she was angry but I knew that underneath the anger was sadness. It wasn't like I blamed her for feeling like that. Yuji said something disgusting to her.

"Haewon," I said, "I'm sorry,"

"For what?" She muttered, "You shouldn't have to apologise. You've done nothing wrong,"

"No, but I feel that I should have said something to her or even-"

"Namjoon, you did more than you think," She sighed, "You walked away from her and you stopped me from smashing a glass across her face,"

"You would have done that?"

"I would have done more but I didn't want to stop you from going to the restaurant,"

"What do you mean?"

"You go there all the time with your parents and I didn't want them to not let you in because some crazy bitch put someone in the hospital,"

"I'm sure we could have found a better restaurant,"

"Shit. Then turn this car around and let me beat the shit out of her," Haewon said making me laugh, "Do you think I'm joking?"

"No but that makes it even funnier," I smiled, "You can choose where to go,"

"But you said you were treating me to lunch,"

I sighed, "Yeah and look how that turned out,"

"It wasn't your fault," Haewon said patting my leg and she sighed, "I don't normally let anything get to me but-"

"Hey, you don't have to explain anything to me. I understand why that would upset you. I'm not here to judge you and she stepped over the line,"

"Yuji has been stepping over lines since the day we met and I still don't understand why I was ever friends with her," Haewon said, "I used to think that having girls around me was amazing. We'd be able to talk about random shit but girls are harder to deal with than boys. All the girls I have known, apart from a few, were liars, backstabbers and two-faced bitches that always caused drama,"

"I can see why you don't like her,"

"That isn't half of my problems with her," She said.

"Ok. Change of plan," I said, "We can go have some fun. Are you up for it? It's still early so we have time"

"It depends where you are taking me,"

"My uncle just bought a theme park,"

"Super rich family,"

"Sort of," I said, "But we would have to stay in a hotel because it's far,"

"So," She said turning to face me, "You, my innocent little bean, are offering to stay in a hotel with me? Just the two of us?"

I felt my face burn, "Y-yeah. Yeah, I am,"

"Well, that was an unexpected turn of events," She laughed and I found myself smiling, "I suppose I will have to go home and get some clothes,"

"Ah," I said, "Shit. I didn't think of that. Your brother won't be there will he?"

"Yup," She said, "And my parents,"

"Oh shit," I groaned, "This was a bad idea. Let's just go for-"

"No way!" She said, "If you are taking me to a theme park then I am so going. You can't back out on me now and anyway, we can play some games when we are there and I have some ideas for bets,"