6

Ria stole some more glances of Koustav.....he never looked at her....he was having his food....Ria's cousins came and were asking to join them for Bashor.....Koustav's stare gave them the answer....Tuhin came to rescue and ushered him towards his room....Ria was left to be in her room with Romy and Nabila.

Soon Ria reached her own room....Romy and Nabila gave her the gifts, they started to pack Ria's bags....They knew something was off in this marriage, so made no silly jokes or pjs regarding her marriage...that night passed as their  reunion.

Coming to his room, Tuhin found Koustav fast asleep in his own casual shorts....Tuhin silently kept a card in his wedding kurta's pocket....and went to wrap up his pending chores.

The next day:

Soma came to wake up Ria, and told the girls to make her ready, as the Mullicks would be coming shortly....

Soon, Ria and Koustav were made to sit together as the elder ones came to wish them good luck....with tears in eyes,she bid bye to everyone and left for her new home.

Mita along with her relatives was ready to welcome her new daughter, her hope Ria. The new couple was welcomed.Koustav left for his room soon, leaving his newly wedded bride in front of his mother.

During lunch....some elderly women surrounded Ria and started blabbering about Koustav's changed behaviour, Nikita-Koustav's marriage, Ria felt dizzy....Mita saved her this time...and sent her for some rest.... But all this time, she did not see Koustav....her mind was full with gloominess like the  august sky.....

Afternoon arrived....Koustav's cousins came and started chatting with the new bride....Ria knew some of them, the rest were introduced to her, by her father in law..Titli was 12 year old cousin of Koustav,in this short time,Ria and Titli bonded well.....through Titli, Ria got the news of Koustav's presence in the attic.....she was relieved.....the thought of his being home gave her a strange sort of piece.

Titli was sent to sleep with Ria that night, Koustav was upstairs.....Till midnight, Titli asked her about various things,her college,friends,trips...and finally she slept. Ria was restless, she went to kitchen to grab some tea....

Standing in the balcony with the cup of tea....soothed her,it was raining heavily outside....all her teenage memories were coming back to her mind..

The first time Koustav had come to her house with Tuhin da, 7 years ago for a group study , both of them were in same engineering college.....Tuhin helped her in algebra , she sat there everytime they studied. She liked how mild Koustav da was. She grew up seeing Koustav and Tuhin's close bonding. His eyes were expressive , one could read his mind through them. Ria danced in joy when instead of Tuhin, koustav helped her in algebra.....and even she started to  recognise mixed  fragrance of smoke and his perfume...

Those memories made her feel good and this time she slept.

The next day was the reception, the new bride had to serve the guests. Ria was surprised to see some of her cousins. But the presence of Koustav made her more happy..she served porridge to all.....

Koustav helped her by holding the tray....

Seeing Koustav helping, Ria relaxed a bit about her new life....

The reception was going well...guests came and congratulated Mullicks and wished them good luck....Koustav disappeared as his colleagues entered the venue.....they came and introduced themselves to Ria.....one of them came after finding Koustav , she could feel Koustav was upset but held no expressions on his face....

That evening passed that way

The more time passed, the more tensed Ria felt. During dinner,Titli's blabbering eased her a bit though. Koustav ate only a little and left to hire cabs for his relatives.....

They returned home and Ria was left in their new room......Koustav entered
the room....told her to shift a bit...

Ria: Do you need anything? Are you alright?

Koustav( in a cold and low voice) : I don't know why did you agree to this marriage!!! But let me be very clear in this.....you can never take the place of my wife.....you are my mother's choice.....I am not capable of giving anything to anyone anymore.... Is it understood?

Ria uttered not a single word, just nodded. She saw Koustav entering washroom, she silently took a pillow and sat on the sofa, removed all her makeup,ornaments.... her inside was having a war....a pain on her throat was rising....she lied on the sofa,facing the wall....the bed sheet gave her a cocoon of comfort......she blocked her mind to think anything now...and closed her eyes.....

She could hear Koustav getting out, switching off the lights, and lastly his soft snores......

--------
Hey lovelies...Don't forget to vote this story.... And be the part of Ria-Koustav's journey.........♥️♥️