33

Seeing her grin,Koustav frowned. Ria stopped grinning and sat silently. "It is definitely not your first time at this! So tell me your first time story."

Hearing his words Ria got relaxed and described him how just out of fun she and her group went for a trip and tasted rum for the first time in their tent.She added," The whole first year I  used to try to ignore and avoid thinking about you.....whenever ma used to tell me any news regarding you I used to not to hear those.....but after the trip, your memories, you,your smile,your voice were invincible.....In my pg me, Romy and Nabila used to sit and chat and have vodka when we used to be upset."

Ria was sure,she had ruined Koustav's happy vibe by dragging her old day stories though he seemed to be hearing her with his full attention. So she stopped abruptly. Meanwhile the waiter arrived along with the drinks.
Ria took her glass and softly pushed his glass towards his direction.

Koustav took it and clicked it with hers before taking his first sip. Ria was amongst those persons who loved to dig into starters, so as usual she dived into them after gulping a bit of her juice.

"Why did you stop?", Koustav asked putting his hand to the tray before she could finish the starters.

With her mouthful of food, she replied," cause I thought I ruined your mood."

"No" ,he stopped and "go on! I want to know what made you so upset after the trip.",added before he took a large gulp of his drink.

Koustav already ordered the second round of drinks for themselves as he guessed the night would be not too short.

Ria lowered her head and carried on," in our group, there were a couple who got married suddenly. By eloping obviously! We all were young. We all used to have our fantasies. In them,I used to see you and your wife. I used to sit and see their happiness and it reminded me of you. I used to blame my fate, why I could not have you." He could see in the dim light how the tears started to fill her eyes."To anyone it may seem very childish or idiotic but to me, it hurted.......like hell. I used to ask my inner-self that did I ever do anything to deserve that pain?" As she finished her part,her voice was shaking already.Koustav changed her glass with the second one and slowly rubbed her hand and said,"We have both of us for the entire life now........it's gone........calm down yourself."

The waiter now arrived with the food. While he served the items, Ria took a tissue to dab and wipe her tears. She felt light. She felt like before. She had finally unloaded her loads of painful memories.

"When was your first time?" Ria asked while chewing. Before he could answer,the dimple appeared on his cheeks, " It was with my school friends  on the terrace of your house,we just passed 11th standard,we managed your parents while your brother arranged for it." And he burst into laugh.

"If he was in school,I was in 4th or 5th perhaps. Where did he get it?" Ria asked with her eyes wide.

"He stole it from your grandfather's cabinet!",now Ria laughed after him."And don't put stress on your little brain, you were too young at that time to remember all these!"
And like this their dinner ended.

Getting out of the restaurant, Ria felt little awkward while walking. Before when she drank, all she had to do was to just walk inside her room,now she had to ride a bike too."Is it safe to ride this while you consumed alcohol?" She asked feeling  a bit tipsy.
"No, but our house is just that one. See" Koustav showed her the house."Come,sit fast! It is getting late."

And the bike reached their house.

Entering the house, they saw others on the dining table. Ria stood aside. Niloy looked okay to her. Nilima was going to say something to her while "Ma, we are tired. Good night everyone!" Koustav's voice boomed.Mita smiled and nodded while eating.