18

Entering the main door, Ria saw everyone was waiting for her sitting in the hall. Seeing her, they got relaxed. She was going to sit next to them, Soma yelled to go and change before sitting there. Ria dashed towards her room....she showered and dumped her used clothes in the corner, and came back to the hall.

They already were seated for dinner, she took the seat beside her father and told them  about Titli's condition. Ria did not have much appetite, she was just mixing her food. Sensing this her mother fed her too while eating herself.

This time while checking her phone, there were missed calls from her MIL, Romy and Ujaan. She could not get the reason of Ujaan calling her 5 times continuously. So Ria called her MIL first, enquired if they had eaten or not and about the time of going hospital the next day. All the energy she had was now drained. She fell asleep keeping the phone aside.

_________________________________________

Next morning Soma entered Ria's room,  woke her up telling her," Get down fast, Koustav is here to see you!"

Ria could not believe her ears, she left her bed, making her bed in hurry, washed her face and came downstairs...

She expected him to be in formals, instead he was sitting in his casuals, he was scrolling something in his phone.

He looked towards her feeling her presence. Soma came with two cups of tea. Meanwhile their new maid came to clean up the hall. Seeing no other way, Soma told Ria to take Koustav to her room. Koustav followed Ria upstairs....Ria could feel him staring at her.Ria kept the tray of tea on the bed and gestured him to sit on the bed. She picked her cup, and looked towards him....She did not know how she had gained this mental strength and courage in just two days.

Koustav: you left your purse in car last night, I thought you might need it.

Ria: You could have sent it through Ma! I was going to meet her today. If you have come here already, do me a favour! Bring my blue backpack to me. It contains my books...I need them for my studies....

Koustav: I am not going to bring that here...I am here to take you back with me.

Ria: Are you for real? One day you leave me in front of your whole family...the other day you come to take me back!

Koustav: I am sorry for my behaviour.
I....really am..ashamed. She provoked me by her comments....I could not control my outburst..

Ria: You know, you should be mature enough to handle this sort of situation before marrying second time....

Koustav: I was not ready for this situation...You shouldn't have married me.....Look at you! You deserve much better person than me. Why did you choose me?

Ria: Though it does not matter anymore....I had an innocent crush on you since the day you came here for the first time. Day by day the crush brew itself into love......so I agreed to this marriage. So now you tell me, why should I return to that house? For whom?

Koustav sat there just sipping his tea....his silence irritated Ria more....

Koustav: My parents need you...Titli needs you too.

Ria: I can take care of them by living here too! So what's the cause of getting back?

Koustav: For us...our friendship....I read your diary last night.....Live with me to know how broken I am....I can not ever forget Nikita. I cannot promise anything to you right now as I told you before.....

Ria: Who told you to forget her? Share your thoughts, your best moments with me.....you don't know how good a friend   I can be. And reading my diary is sort of intruding my privacy.

Koustav: I am sorry for that too. I was living my life in a routine, suddenly you came, my routine changed, you have become a habit of mine in just a few days....I don't know what it is....you have chosen me....now bear with the whole me.

Ria kept her cup on the tray, she could sense Koustav getting impatient each passing moment.Her brain and heart had become her best enemies now ! The anger was now vanished...." Now what else is left there for someone to break inside me anymore", said her innerself.

Ria: Don't you have office today? It is getting late.

Koustav: Don't change the topic....answer me, you are coming or not.And I have taken a leave from office today.

Ria: I have to go and meet Titli.

Koustav: Come with me then, I am going there too.

Ria: What about your parents?

Koustav: They will come after sometime. How much time will you need?

Ria: Just wait for 10 minutes . Go downstairs. I have some things to take for her and I need to change!

Ria arrived within 8 minutes. Saying bye to her mother, they left for hospital. Titli looked a little better today. A nurse informed them about collecting her test reports. Koustav went to collect those.Ria sat beside Titli, helped her tying her hairs. The doctor checked and confirmed Koustav that it was Dengue though her level of platelets were not that low. She needed to be in hospital for a few days more.

They exited her cabin,when Koustav's parents arrived. Koustav went ahead to hire a taxi for going home. Her whole back was hurting, feet got swollen, she was hungry when they came back home....

Binni served lunch to both of them.
Koustav tried to start a conversation, but her headache did not allow her to talk, she left to sleep for a while, saying," I will catch up with you after 1 or 2 hours, my head is killing me right now"!

Koustav sighed sitting on the table continuing his food.

When he was going to his room, he heard sounds of someone pulling drawers and closing them. He went towards her room, only to find a sobbing and irritated Ria.

Koustav(being amused ): What are you looking for at this time? Go to sleep if your head hurts! Why do you cry always?

Ria(irritated): Nothing...just go!

Koustav entered her room. Asked her what she needed...

Ria: Don't mind my behaviour right now...these are pms....Actually...I...I need a box of tampons right now.I can't fetch it by myself.....Will you go and buy me one?

With a nod, Koustav left her room for going to the local medicine store.

_________________________________________

Hey lovelies!! Thanks for being here and reading this book. DO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE this story....be safe.....take care♥️♥️