31

The next morning was going as usual. Due to her exams,Ria was not able to keep her room tidy,she was now busy in cleaning the room as much she could do with her one hand. Though the blisters were not in too bad shape,but Ria was being super careful with it. She didn't even get enough time to brush her teeth. There was no sound coming from the room beside, so she assumed Koustav might be downstairs.

With a knock at the door,her eyes reached the door to see her MIL standing there. She came with her mug of tea. Behind her,Koustav came too.

Getting up from the floor, putting the mopper aside, she was asked them to come and sit.

Putting the mug in front of her,Mita sat on the bed and huffed. Koustav went near the window. Ria took one or two sips of her tea when Mita started telling," Nilima and Namit had rushed with Niloy to the Doctor's place. He could not sleep for a bit as he has caught really bad cold."

Ria was hearing her words while her phone buzzed,she cut it once,it ranged again. Not seeing the id ,she cut it again. When it rang for 3rd time, Koustav slowly came and took it in his hand,and went out of the room.

"Then?",asked Ria now.

"Namit came to your Baba early morning today, before going to the doctors. They want to shift upstairs, where you study. ", saying this Mita paused to see Ria's expression. Her head was down as she was putting down the mug. Then Mita resumed what she was saying," It is time you two start living together."

Ria: We are already living in the same room Ma!

The memories of her first night in this room with him started replaying in her mind. Those hateful words, his way of looking at her had stabbed her mind in a too bad way for her to forget.

Mita: That's not I'm saying. You know what I want to say. I have asked Koustav to shift here.

Ria: You asked him not me,Ma? By the way, what did he say?

Mita: He agreed. And I was worried for Niloy. So this thing slipped out of my mind.

Koustav entered the room. His facial expression was a little tensed.Ria knew this look to well. Mita got up from her bed and left saying," Get everything tidy and Koustav,shift your things faster! They'll be home soon. "

Ria completed the mopping fast and Koustav piled his clothes and other necessities on her bed.Both were silent. When Ria started to detangle his piled clothes, Koustav took care of her study table, he loaded the shelves with the books she kept the next room. Soon he put Titli's books in a jute bag and ran to keep them in his mother's room.

Ria took the chance to clean the mug and wash and brush her teeth. While closing the tap, she felt his presence in the room.

"Where is the key of the Almirah?",his voice confirmed Ria's assumption.

She got out of the washroom and showed him where she generally kept it.

Seeing him messing up more, Ria took the clothes from his hands and sat to do it herself. She shifted her clothes to the lower two shelves, leaving his clothes to the hanging area and upper two shelves.

Koustav made her bed clean, kept his brushes and toiletries in the washroom and sat on the chair to see her work. He thought how Nikita used to arrange his clothes. He noticed how both of them had different ways. Still one thing was worrying him. Her silence.

So he waited. When she finished her work, he asked her to sit beside.

Sitting beside, Ria kept looking at him. He was sitting with his head resting on his elbow on the hand rest of the sofa.

Ria: Did she again blackmailed you to shift with me?

Koustav: who she?

Ria(Rolling her eyes) : your mother.

Koustav: No.

Ria: Then?

Koustav: I was present there, when Namit uncle came to talk with my parents. It seemed to me, that his wife had taken her time to made him realise that the room downstairs is not at all suitable for their child.

Ria: why? That room gets proper wind and sun both.

Koustav: I don't know too. May be she wants to know more about us. Our budding romance,perhaps!

Ria smiled hearing him.

Ria: But, are you comfortable here?

Koustav: Why wouldn't I be?

Ria: Actually things you said before haunts me....it keeps bugging my mind.I get sceptical.

Koustav: Forget those words. I'm hell ashamed of myself thinking how I behaved with you way back then.

Ria: where is my phone?

Koustav's smile faded and he passed her phone.Ria took it and saw the call list.

Koustav: Who is this Ujaan?

Ria knew Ujaan's calls and messages would affect the trust in between them. So she just put up a smile and said,"Owner of Romy's place. He is good friend. Why? What did he tell you?"

Koustav could feel the tension in her voice. "Nothing much, just was asking who I was. Where you were."

Ria : I generally ignore his calls. So, when are we going for shopping?

Koustav: I'll come back home at 6:30. Then.

Ria: ok!

Koustav: you don't need to stay here today. Go and visit your mother, I'll pick you up from there.

Ria: Will you mind if I want something?

Koustav: It depends! What if you want my kidneys!

Both laughed at this point. Ria could not remember when was the last time she laughed her hearts out.

Koustav: say! Say!

Ria: Can I meet your healer? And as pujo is coming can we go to see Rik one more time?

Koustav smiled hearing her. His eyes started stinging with the upcoming tears. Both of them didn't realise it until they felt each other's warmth in their embrace.Neither Koustav felt odd doing it, nor Ria felt uncomfortable in his arms.It just felt correct.Imperfectly perfect.

_________________________________________

Hey Lovelies! Thanks for waiting.I missed you all and  your comments,messages during my absence. Thanks for being here, liking this book.DO VOTE,SHARE AND COMMENT more. Share your thoughts with me. Stay safe.Be happy .Take care.♥️♥️♥️♥️