28

Hearing his reply Ria kept looking at him. Clearly there was nothing for her to say after this. One time her inner-self kept saying that, Koustav was right as they were married,obviously they're meant to be loving and close to each other,so just to go with the flow. But just the next moment, she was getting more and more nervous about dealing with the evolving feelings and sudden newness of her marriage.

Seeing her staring at himself, Koustav kept the novel down as well as his cup. Ria's eyes were too expressive for him to understand. He knew making her speak her heart out would be the only way to normalise her tensed state. So he asked suddenly," When are you starting shopping for Tuhin-Nabila's engagement?"

Her expression changed a bit," whenever Ma says! Plus its their decision,they should do it themselves according to their choices. Every girl dreams for her wedding in her own way. "

Koustav: I'm saying about you too!

Ria: I just got so many sarees and things  in my own. I don't planning to buy things any time soon.

Koustav: Not for Pujo too?

Ria( hesitating a bit herself before asking): Will you be available during the pujo or continue going office?

Koustav: I've to be there.

Ria's face dropped the shear happiness that just grew. She just replied "Oh!" with a meek smile.

Koustav: I didn't say that I won't be home.

Hearing his words,her mood got a little better.

Ria: If I ask you something, will you answer?

Koustav looked at her and nodded.

Ria: Why did you tell me all these today all of a sudden?

Koustav( looked at her for quite sometime): I try to make myself clear. And would you suggest me to continue behaving like an ass around you when deep inside I know, what you are to me? Or like a silly movie find perfect time or Muhurat to propose you?

Ria laughed hearing his explaination.

Koustav: I've experienced love in two completely different situation. Nikita came to my life as my first love, with her I made a child. She is a unforgettable part of my life. And you came to my life as my hope. I've admitted numerous times you possess such generousity, sensibility that it will attract everyone. I seriously don't know  how can someone like you can get infatuated to me?

Ria: That's an old story.

Koustav: What if I'm in a mood to hear to all?

Ria: Every coin has two faces. Don't forget that too!

Koustav: As far as I remember, I used to   go your home to study with Tuhin! How did you come into the scene?

Ria: Sometimes, Dada used to tell you to help in maths too.

Koustav : Then you were in 9th or 8th! That was too early for anyone to....

Ria: to?

Koustav: you know ! Infatuation,crush whatever you call it.

Ria: It may sound funny to you but it was quite strong for me from the starting. I was completely mesmerized by your presence and everything. Though things were not complicated for me, as I was never going to tell anyone.Even before marriage too, I had not admitted it to anyone.

Koustav: I thought atleast, Tuhin knows.

Ria: He might have guessed it during your marriage,as a homesick like me when applied for higher studies far away from Kolkata. He was the sole person who convinced my parents.

Koustav: It might have been difficult to leave your home !

Ria: Difficult---yes! But it got me the oppertunity to gather my shattered self. To build this new version of me.

Koustav: Why did I never notice you?

Ria: I was same. I was here,standing and seeing everyone attending your marriage. May be, it was for better. It definitely have ruined my image to you. But I never had any hard feelings for neither of you.

Seeing him sighing, Ria decided to change the topic. So she asked, "Do you get up in your sleep like before?"

Nodding a head, Koustav replied," Not that frequently!"

Koustav: You remember about that party right?

Ria: yep, when is it? Is it nearing?

Koustav: Before diwali.

Ria: Remind me once again.

Koustav: When are they coming back? I'm hungry. You and your non-stop talking have made me hungry.

And he started laughing. His laughs filled her heart. She got up to prepare some quick snacks for both of them.

She made some bread pakoras and called him from downstairs. Never in her dreams,she had imagined this day would arrive. She kept his plate in front of him,as he arrived and herself went inside the kitchen to clean the counter.

While pouring the oil from the hot pan,it spilled on her right hand. Binni screamed seeing this. Ria suppressed her cries and instantly went to the sink and opened the tap with her other hand. But tears of pain were blocking her vision. The blisters were already appearing.

The next moment ,Koustav was behind her, slowly turning her. He made her sit on the kitchen stool and sent Binni to bring the box of medicine from upstairs.

He started to apply some ointment very slowly. It hurted Ria like hell, but she kept silent. After sometime, she got a little relief,the burning sensation died a bit down. Then she asked Koustav to go and eat.

Koustav had no mood. But after her repeating the same thing, he huffed and sat with the pakoras. They tasted good. Thinking she might be hungry too, he offered her a bite. She took a bite and the doorbell rang. They were eating while Binni opened the door to reveal others had returned home.

Titli was very excited.She was galloping like a little pony. Seeing her hand's condition Mita got tensed. Sumit even wanted to give the doctor a call. But Ria convinced them that she would manage.

Ria sat among them and saw everything that they had bought. Knowing Titli's sleeping habit, Mita forbade Titli to sleep with Ria.

"Oh! Titli slept between them for so long Didi?", Nilima stated suddenly. Koustav looked at his mother and then at Ria. Mita had forgotten that they had now Nilima home.

"How will my little Niloy get a plaything, Ria?", Nilima winked at her. Ria's ears started to have hot flush due to embarrasment. And to make things worse, Koustav replied ,"Soon kakima.Don't you worry yourself!",with a smirk.

_________________________________________

Hey lovelies! Thanks for being here.DO VOTE,SHARE AND COMMENT. Be happy, Stay safe and Take care.♥️♥️♥️♥️