16

Ria was getting bored in the car. Though she had her phone, her heart longed to have a casual conversation like other couples.

Ria: How much time will it take?

Koustav: 45 minutes....if we don't get stuck in traffic. Who was the man you were with yesterday?

Ria: A friend...

Koustav: Beware of new people you meet...

Ria: You know about Tuhin da?

Koustav: I haven't met him recently.....what happened to him now?

Ria: He was dating my friend Nabila....he proposed her for marriage...soon there will be the engagement..

Koustav( chuckling): Wow!!....that idiot didn't even got time to tell me this...

Rest of the ride, Ria heard Koustav calling and chatting with Tuhin....This version of Koustav reminded her of earlier times....she wished she could see him this way always...

They reached Namit uncle's house around 11:30 am....It was a old house and needed much repairing....Koustav went ahead of her with the gifts, Ria was following him....the house was filled with the relatives,Ria had seen most of them during her wedding. Namit came to welcome them ,Koustav asked for Niloy. An elderly lady came with baby Niloy...He was really cute,chubby...Ria noticed that Niloy had the similar facial features like Titli and Koustav......

Niloy instantly came near Koustav...he was smiling making adorable baby sounds when Koustav was chatting with him animatedly, Koustav went out for a walk with Niloy......Ria was surrounded by all the women.....they had many gossips....She saw Nilima entering the room....she fake smiled looking at Ria......Nilima soon joined the gossips......Ria was relieved that those gossips did not involve her marriage too....

Namit asked her to go and call Koustav as it was lunch time....going outside she found Koustav playing with Niloy by craddling him,Koustav was laughing,he was happy.....this was a rare and precious moment for her......She informed him about the lunch......Koustav and his cousins served the food, a photographer was hired to click pictures...Ria waited for both of  them to have lunch together,as their turn arrived Nilima stood in front of them,told the photographer, "Click the picture of our Koustav with his new wife." She then served a sweet to them and said,"Koustav!! Ria looks way better beside you rather than Nikita...Enjoy your new life...next year me and your uncle will love to see a baby Koustav in Ria's lap...." and she proceeded to serve others, Ria's ears and cheeks started to have hot flushes due to embarassment, neither she could  swallow her food....nor she could look towards Koustav.....undoubtedly, the storm of emotions started inside his mind. He left the table at that moment.....seeing him going, Namit and Ria rushed behind him....Koustav hired a taxi and left....Ria stood there, her brain could not register how her happy bubble was bursted and a huge void space had replaced it....She saw Namit saying a hundred consolling words, her mind was too confused to register any of that......Namit went to fetch his own car, unlocked the passenger door for her to sit,Ria was continuosly looking at her phone's blank screen....The traffic was maddening, the regular honking of other cars made the situation worse for her....she did not even realise her tears flowing until Namit passed the box of tissues towards her....Namit's mobile ringed,Koustav's father was calling him....He received the call and answered she was with him...and ended the call after informing her Koustav was home.....

Namit was about to park in front their old house, he was stopped by Ria's voice..."Uncle,Can you please drop me to my home ! And inform Baba, that I am home".....

Namit dropped her and left with his car after she went inside...

Ria was thankful that her family was not home yet...their guard opened the door, she went directly to her room....Changed the clothes, and switched off the room lights, closed the window from where Koustav's house was seen and slept,switching off her phone...

It was 7 pm,when Soma came to her room and knocked....hearing her knocking, Ria went to washroom and splashed some water, fixed herself and came to hall....Tuhin had come home already....The whole evening passed discussing about Tuhin and Nabila's engagement.....Everyone was happy to see Ria back home after so many days...

That night they were having a cozy dinner, Nabila called Tuhin and asked about Ria as she tried calling her many times but her mobile phone was switched off.....Tuhin passed the phone to Ria, she made the excuse of her phone running out of battery....rest of the dinner went as usual.....after dinner, Tuhin came to Ria's room,she was looking at her wedding album, which was delivered just a few days ago.....

The sound of his footsteps startled Ria, Tuhin saw her crying face.....he sat beside her and hugged her, the pain she suppressed for so many days were staining his t-shirt in form of tears......Tuhin sat there holding her.......Ria was feeling dizzy, she heard  Tuhin whispering to her," We are always here for you ,kiddo! I will be beside you every time you need "......

_________________________________________

Hey lovelies!! Thank you for choosing this book, Keep voting,sharing and commenting....love you...stay safe...take care...be happy......