27

Soon the car stopped in front of a restuarant, Ria turned her head towards Koustav. Seeing him getting out of the car,she climbed down too.

It was a cozy place just as she liked. Ria had a foreign feeling inside her ,she followed Koustav while going inside. It was technically their first lunch outside together. And to make things worse,Koustav had his full attention on her today.

The waiter approached them, so both decided what to eat and ordered those. The place was not that crowded as well.

Koustav grabbed his glass and sipped some water."Is skipping food solving your problems?"

  "Firstly, I didn't plan on skipping food and secondly, you don't answer my questions....why should I then?", Ria replied not looking at him. Koustav kept looking at her and added,"then what are you doing since somedays! You think, I don't notice anything!"

"You are worrying me, tell me what has happened?",he said. Ria was now looking at him,slowly she said "I want to know which part of yesterday infuriated you? ".

"Which part you want to know?"he asked calmly.

"Start from yesterday.",Ria shot back.

"Okay, I came back from office,reached home, I expected you to be there too. Which you were not. And, I had no clue where my wife was! It was Niloy's mother, who came to me with her fake concern and told me you left home before lunch and she had no clue where had you gone!" ,Koustav took a break and glanced towards her direction.

"So first,I rushed to your mother's home, she told me you were upstairs."

Stopping him midway Ria said," But I asked your mother, and Nilima Aunty was there too!"then she thought something for a moment and added," Basically you belived her and talked with me rudely!"

Seeing Ria sighing in disappointment, Koustav replied," Things got clear for me when I talked with my mother. All of these would have not happened if you have left me a single message."

Suddenly Ria smiled, "Will you tell me one thing? You say, your family needs me! Titli needs me but What I am to you?Why should I be the one to handle your every mood swings?"

"Don't you know that already?",came his reply returning a mild smile.

Meanwhile, the food arrived. Koustav himself served Ria first. In a low voice, Ria asked finally ,"No". Then spoke while chewing, " But I don't want to push you too Koustav.You might not have noticed that I've respected your past. Not poked my nose in your too personal zone! Out of my love for you or teenage crush whichever you call and care,I have tried to be a companion. I tried or better still trying so that this relationship works."

The clattering sound coming from his side stopped as Koustav heard the word "Love" already. He hesitated at first,then touched her left hand. She gawked at his hand. Definitely she was shocked, this was her husband's first intentional touch.

"I have developed a strong emotion for you. I care for you. When you are not home, like yesterday,I feel like I lost you too. Insecurity grips me. Most of the nights I sleep peacefully as I know you are downstairs.",almost in single breath   Koustav completed.

Ria felt like this was too a dream that would end any time soon. Her head was now spinning. Cold perspiration appeared inside her palms. His warm skin felt too hot against her now tensed cold hand.

Koustav resumed eating as if nothing had happened. Seeing Ria still sitting with wide-eyes he smiled," You are good for me, you have saved me, now handle me as I've fallen for you!".

Ria was now sure, she was day-dreaming. Hearing these words which she intended to hear from him for a long time now, felt like an illusion to her.

Her half empty dish remained untouched. Realising this situation was not a dream Ria started to shake and sob. The people around them started looking at them, Koustav called for paying the bill, he grabbed her shoulder and came outside the place. It was a lovely evening. Not finding anyways to stop her sobs, he half hugged her. Ria clutched his shirt tightly, the man she loved for so long had just confessed his part too. They stood beside the car for sometime now. None noticed how much time passed, the moment was so precious and intense that neither of them wanted to loose.

"Promise me you won't leave me too like her!" Koustav continued to tuck her hair strands behind her ears.

Nodding her head on his chest she replied.

"And no more going alone anywhere! I'm afraid of loosing you.",he added patting her back.

Ria steadied herself a bit. She looked at him and asked if they could go home now.

The ac inside the car was not able to cool down Ria now. No one spoke a single word inside the car. Just he put his left hand over her right hand on the gear stick. She closed her eyes the whole time,soft piano sounds from the music system filled the car.

Just as they were parking the car, she suddenly asked," You were not joking,right? ", looking backwards for any left space, Koustav replied,"I don't joke nowadays."and gestured her to climb out of the car.

Hopefully the hall was empty,as Binni opened the door. While putting the glasses of water in front of them, she informed them that others had gone for  pujo shopping.

Ria was going upstairs as there was no need to sit downstairs anymore. Koustav called her and asked if she could make some tea. Ria nodded and Koustav went upstairs with her bag too.

As Ria entered the kitchen, she heard the sound of the next room to hers being opened. She couldn't concentrate on any part of making tea today. Her hands kept shaking one time,she was feeling weird. Such oddness never had she ever experienced in her teens also.

Finally she went upstairs with two mugs of tea. Her room was locked,she first opened the door,and switched on the ac. Then came out of hers to enter the next room. He was sitting on the chair,beside the window. She kept the mug on the table and started to gather some books she had kept here. Seeing her, he asked," Where are you moving these?"

Ria signed the next room.

"Go,grab your mug too! And keep these here." Koustav said while getting up feom his chair.

"Can you come to my room? The ac is on there!" Koustav walked outside before letting her complete. Ria followed him too.

He sat directly on Titli's side with his mug in his hand,and grabbed one of Ria's favourite novel from her shelf.

Ria sat opposite him and soon finished her tea."What will happen when everyone comes to know! "

Half closing the book he asked,"who cares!"

_________________________________________
Hey lovelies! Thank you for being here.
DO VOTE,COMMENT AND SHARE this book. Voice your thoughts regarding this chapter with me. More interesting parts are on line. Be happy. Stay safe. Take care.♥️♥️♥️♥️