8

The same day continues....

Koustav---

Koustav came to his room, after having breakfast....this room was the only place that held some of his Nikita's memories and things....He opened the upper cupboard, brought out the wedding album....the happy glimpses of their marriage started playing in his mind.......how Nikita had all her friends and colleagues on her side on her big day......,how his parents finally had accepted Nikita,an orphan.......,how she was enthusiastic about every ritual of a bengali wedding......

His throat was chocking....he kept the album in its place...locked the cupboard.....opened the almirah....the left side had all his clothes all in a jumbled way.....the right side still contained her clothes....how she kept it,till she died.....Koustav could still get her fragrance from them, many times his mother had tried to place those clothes and her all other belongings somewhere else, but he refused......

Sighing, he went to the roof and lit a cigarette....and started to smoke......

Ria------

All the relatives started to leave after lunch......Lunch was uneventful....Koustav asked Binni to bring his lunch in his room.....Grabbing Titli, Ria went to her room, reached for her luggage and started to unload and arrange her clothes and other necessary stuffs....Titli made her happy with her non stop chattering and helped her all the afternoon....Titli reminded Ria of herself in her teenage......

She came downstatirs to grab some snacks for Titli and herself, saw her FIL there, he was there for tea.Seeing her, he smiled....Ria made tea, served her in laws tea,was going to tell Binni to keep the tea in Koustav's room but saw she had left for home...so she took two cups of tea and went upstairs, she stood at the doorstep of Koustav's room.

She came to this room for the first time, she could not see anyone in the room,entered the room, the room had all his things scattered....she kept the tea on his study table,stepped towards the roof....she found Koustav smoking staring outside....Ria turned back , found the almirah wide open, she was about to close the almirah . She stopped herself instead, seeing the other half perfectly organised....anyone could tell that those things....belonged to Nikita......All her calmness was gone.

She hurriedly left the room,hearing Koustav's footsteps.....She could not control her tears anymore.....her eyes were blurry.......coming back in her room, she was relieved to find Titli asleep in her bed.......

The afternoon sky became suddenly cloudy....the gloominess again grasped the brightness of the late afternoon....Ria came to the balcony in hope of the rains soothing her burning eyes and mind......

________________________________________

Hey loves!! First of all ,warm wishes of Durga puja to all of you......stay safe and enjoy the festive time.....and DO VOTE ,COMMENT AND SHARE this book if you like it....feel free to give me any sort of suggestions and views regarding my story........THANKS FOR YOUR LOVE, ♥️♥️