36

The whole day went good. Everyone except Ria was happy while shopping. Soma, Nabila and her mother were too enjoying Titli's unlimited chatterings. She was feeling lonely inside, her cheeks started to pain with her fake smiles. On the other hand,Soma literally had missed the absence of her daughter- a companion in her house since Ria's marriage, now she could truly see a daughter figure in Nabila. Ria's fake smiles alao assured her in her decision of marrying her daughter to Koustav. Her children were happy....this gave her inside peace.

Informing her MIL that she would have dinner here, she busied herself in arranging her previous room with the help of Titli. Titli was now quite free to talk about her crush with her.

Ria started to remeber her days during her first crush. It seemed that the evening passed too fast. Their gossip came to an end with the knock on her door. Soma stood there with mouthwatering mutton-curry and rice- "the ultimate favourite of bengalis".

Titli needed no invitation after this. Ria almost choked her food while laughing after seeing her gobble her food. Soma ran to fetch water for her.

Soma was almost downstairs,when she saw Koustav entering her house. Sending the bottle through the help, she welcomed Koustav.

His eyes started to look for her amidst his MIL's numerous quarries. As a bengali son-in-law must expect, the table in front of him started to fill with various plates of foods. To make his wife's mother happy, Koustav picked some and ate.

Titli finished eating almost in a marathonic speed. Ria started to drink the water after taking it. Titli took their plates and hopped downstairs to keep them. Seeing her brother there, she came back fast.

" Ria di, dada is here!",Titli declared coming inside the room.

" I wanted to be here for some time more ....your house, your room feels so cozy", Titli added further. Patting her back, Ria replied,"Me too."

She now started to look for her bag and mobile. In between her pillows, her phone was laying. Unlocking it she saw 18 missed calls were from him, along with 7 unseen messages. Hurriedly she went downstairs.

Koustav was served tea, when his eyes got her view. Seeing him looking Ria slowed her speed.

"Now your wife has come, chat you two. Titli,come with me, help me in packing gifts.", Soma smiled and left after saying.

"How are you? ", Koustav asked in between his sips. Before she could even answer, he shooted,"Stay close to your phone, people get worried when calls are left unanswered. Or otherwise, don't use one."

"Why are you here?", Ria answered finally and picked up his cup.

"For you.", saying it he stood up " Lets go home" he added looking at her.

" What if I don't want to?",Ria asked not turning back. Suddenly a pair of hands snaked her waist from back, "I'll pick you up like this over my shoulder and take you to my house."

To which they both laughed. Calling Titli, they came back to home. That night , Koustav groaned in his sleep.He was shaking for some time. He started to blabber some incoherent words. Ria woke him up and helped him to sleep again. But her sleep was gone.Numerous thoughts started to rumble in her mind."Are his bad dreams coming back?",she thought.

The next day passed in a blur. From the morning, Koustav was busy in his phone talking with various people.They got no chance to talk about his nightmares. Ria was called by Mita to help her in cooking. Mita knew Ria's state of mind so she decided to make her busy in something good.

After lunch too, Ria got no time with Koustav. While Koustav went for a nap, Ria was instructed to start preparations for dinner. This plan of Mita worked well. Ria got busy and on the other hand,Koustav started to miss her badly.