37

Titli stood stunned as she saw Ria fainting. She just followed her father when Namit carried Ria to the sofa. Mita was already there with glass of water. They tried their best to bring back her consciousness. Seeing Ria not responding, Sumit ran to call the doctor.

The doctor took around 20 minutes to come. Those 20 minutes were hell for Mita. She could not stop blaming herself. On the other hand, Neelima's taunts felt unbearable to her."Didi, your son is too unlucky to have a married life. The first one died, now see what happens to her!", Neelima's taunts came to end as Mita looked at her with her eyes almost red with anger. She went after Niloy.

As the doctor came, everyone except Titli and Mita went near the dining table. With a frown in his face, Namit dialled Koustav. He answered after a few rings with a casual tone. His tone changed when he heard of her condition. He said nothing, just ended the call.

Titli was watching how the doctor was checking Ria's blood pressure. In these many days, Ria looked comfortable for the first time to Mita. Seemed like she was in peace, as if she was sleeping.Though she could not understand what he got to know out of it. Opening his briefcase, he started to write on his prescription pad.Namit came forward as the doctor asked to bring that fast. He brought out a syringe and started to tear the packaging.

Clearing his throat Sumit asked, "Parimal, how is she? What has happened to her?"

"Low blood pressure.....80/50",he answered cartly.

Checking her eyes he went on,"Seems like her hb level is low too. Was she starving? "

"No.",Mita replied standing up.

As Namit came back, the doctor gave her the injection. Rubbing her hand slowly, he kept the syringe aside, " then the cause may be extensive stress or straining. She will be up within some time. I need to run tests. But she gets her senses first. I have to know her case history.Otherwise, give me another call. Send Koustav to me in the mean time.", the doctor said getting up.

"I'll go with you. Her husband is not here." ,said Neelima giving a sly smile. The doctor left the house.

"Namit, help me in shifting her to my room. I can't see her here.", Mita spoke in a low voice. Her voice at the verge of sobbing.

Binni just cleaned the kitchen counter as she knew no one would cook anymore. She entered Mita's room to find her on the bedside of Ria. Only then Ria twitched her legs and opened her eyes. She really felt very weak. She found Mita calling her husband through Titli," call your jethu, and there is no need to tell Neelima." and caressing her hair,she asked," how are you feeling? Should I bring water? Will you drink some?"

Rest of the afternoon,everyone forgot to eat as they got busy taking care of Ria. Mita did not allow Neelima to come inside her room by the excuse of feeding Niloy. Namit,Sumit and others started to chat to lighten her mood. Ria kept looking at the grandfather clock. In her weak state too, her eyes looked for him.

Binni for the first time without asking , cooked khichdi and called Titli to eat. Titli was glued beside Ria. After being called many times, she went to eat. The food loving girl just gobbled her food that day. She was shocked with the loud thump at their door.

Titli ran to the gate. Opening it, she found a dishelved Koustav standing there. "How is she? Where...where is she? ", asked a huffing Koustav.He hurriedly got rid of his shoes and went as Titli pointed.

Ria was climbing down from the bed with Mita holding her back. Koustav entered and went ahead to help her. Seeing Mita's glare he stood aside too.

With a low voice and mild smile in her face, Ria asked," So....How are you?"