34

With a knock on the door Ria woke up. She got up from her bed,put on a long kurti and reached the door. Opening it, she saw her MIL standing there. Mita was going to say something ,then she paused for a second and a grin appeared on her lips. Out of nowhere, she hugged her and Ria was stunned. "Me and your Baba are going to relative's house. You two manage for a day without us.As it is Sunday, Binni won't be coming today too. Don't cook anything for us",said Mita and turned back.

"What about Kaku(Uncle) and Kakima(Aunt)?",Ria asked. Her head was throbbing by now.

"I'm taking them all with me.",she said before leaving.

After a few moments,Ria locked her door. There was no light coming in the room from outside. She checked the time,it was 6:15 am. Soft snores of Koustav filled the room. She went near the bed,her body was craving for some more rest by now. Gulping down some water, Ria got under the cover and lied down.

As once she had waken up already, her sleep was not smooth anymore. She could notice some movements beside her. She was opening and closing her eyes many times.Her breathing got erratic when his warm hand found its way to her waist.Slowly he made her closer to himself and she slept again in his warmth.

It was 10 am, when Ria felt herself shaken by someone. With a shock she opened her eyes and saw Koustav sitting in front of her with two cups of tea. The packet of her favourite mulberry cookies were beside too.

"Good Morning! ",Koustav said and picked up his cup. Greeting him back Ria took the packet first and teared it open. While sipping down his tea, he was stealing glances of her. Ria had a strange feeling. Her own cliche feelings were irritating herself. Huffing a sigh, she looked at him and caught him glancing.

"You know,Ma came in the morning. They have gone to one of your relative's house!" Ria told in between her cookie munching session.

Koustav nodded and kept looking at her. Ria arched her brows at him to know what had happened.

"Just seeing, are you alright?" Koustav replied before taking the tray down from their bed. At this, she smiled and said nothing. She had no intention to tell him about her body-ache. Her inner-self was saying her," Be mature! You know,these things happen. Don't behave like an immature teen. "

So getting charged after her self-talk, she asked," Are you okay? Are you comfortable with...with our intimacy? " To which Koustav furrowed his brows. Catching her tongue, Ria added," I mean you have had some serious issues earlier. You could not even be in the same room with me for a moment less than three months ago......Basically, what I am trying to say, are you feeling good or in a better way, are you happy?".

In the answer,Koustav came closer to her and made her chin up. Her brown orbs made him loose his sanity. He grabbed her in a bone crushing hug.Through her hairs,his lips touched her earlobes ,taking his time he whispered, "This is my one answer to all of your questions. Is this closeness not enough for you to stop fumbling with words in front of me?"

Slowly Koustav felt her small hands on his back. She was finally hugging him back. After what felt like hours, she freed herself from his grip and reached the washroom. The nice warm shower gave her the much needed soothing. She entered the room and made him go to the washroom. While she put the used clothes and sheets into the washing machine, Koustav finished his shower.

She ended up cleaning the room in between. Getting out of house, Koustav bought groceries and meat for preparing lunch. Working just for a few minutes was making Ria tired today.

Seeing her in this state, Koustav took the washed clothes from her hands,"Let me do it.....you need time to cope with" and left for roof to dry the clothes.