Chapter 2 New in town pt.2

I could feel every inch of my body freezing up I couldn't move. It's like something was holding me tightly. "Hello....hello...look I'm sorry I know this is out of the blue but I've missed you" Jack said. " Ye-Ye-yes sorry it's just been a while." Jack and I met my freshman year of high school. He came up to me friendly as ever wanted to walk me to all my classes. After that we were inseparable the best of friends. Then things changed I knew he had liked me but I wasn't ready. Until he asked me to homecoming I knew that whatever I felt wasn't just an illusion. This was a guy who was always there for me and I for him. We knew each other's families. We literally spent everyday with each other. The day before the dance he go suspended for a fight. With an ex of mine who was a total loser and was asking for it. While he was gone I realized that he was always there to pick up the pieces when I was falling apart. That's when I knew that I was in love with him. While he was gone I told our little group about how I felt. When I got to school that morning he was back. I ran up to him and hugged him "promise me no more fights." He just laughed " I promise." My friends just looked at me wanting me to tell him. I was so nervous I just couldn't I kept it in. Then it was too late a couple week later he was talking to a girl. So I started off with someone else. Then I got dumped and his girl was a real pain. So we turned to each other again. The only thing was he didn't know what he wanted. It was getting to late I was in the process of moving, I didn't want him to know yet. Then one night he called me and told me he loved me. I didn't know what to say back. I had been so hurt and lied to in the past. He just kept talking and I froze just like now. I told him everything about how I felt but I guess that girl won his wallet. And I say wallet because he thought she was in it for him. I moved and we then things grew cold and we didn't talk. I felt so alone it's like I never truly told him what I wanted. I had no one to turn to new school and all. That's where I met my best friend Serenity who had been here with me through it all. We graduated together and here we are now. Then I met Jonah pre-college just like Serenity; when she met Cameron. Since then I've climbed out of the hole I dug myself. And my heart is strong and alive again. Jonah is the best thing that's happened to me. But now what do I just ignore what's happened. Jack and I went on talking about all our good memories. It's like that saying " if you love something set it free, if it comes back it's yours, if it doesn't , it never was...