Piney's Perspective

"So, do you have any information for me? Or do I need to light a fire under your ass?" Stahl stares at Hannah. " I can't give you anything because I don't know anything. " Stahl taps her fingertips on the desk," I'll give you until Monday to give me something. If not or if it's bullshit, I'm charging you with the murder of your step dad, and I'll have you locked up on the spot. Maybe I should anyways because my other informant has given me so much to work with. " Before Hannah can respond, Stahl turns to the other agents, " She can leave." Hannah figures it's better to be quiet for now, so she leaves without saying a word. Walking across the street to the local store, she is almost at the door when Piney pulls up to her. She smiles at him, trying to act nonchalant, " Hey Piney, do you need help with shopping?" The elder shakes his head, " No, but I think you and I need to talk. Hop on." Hannah gets nervous and says " I need to grab some juice and snacks for Gracie, can we go for a ride later ?" Piney picking up that she is scared, softens his voice," I'm not going to hurt you. I saw you come out of the police station, and Stahl watching you walk out the door. Just come talk to me. " Hannah pauses, " Ok, but please hear me out. I'm really scared."

Taking her to the local diner, outside of Charming, it's just the two of them in the corner booth. Nibbling on fries, Hannah tells him about Stahl, her threats and how she doesn't want to lose Gracie. She doesn't mention anything about the secrets she is still holding in. She still doesn't fully trust anyone yet. After a few minutes, Piney just sits and looks at her. When she looks back at him , she starts to cry. " I can't lose Gracie. She's my life. I didn't kill Daniel, but I'm also not going to admit to something I didn't do." Piney reaches across the table and takes her hand, " I know you didn't kill him, and even if you did, I wouldn't blame you. You are not the only old lady they have been going after, they've been harassing Gemma and Tara as well." Hannah dries her eyes, " Old Lady? I'm no one's old lady. Opie told me everyone sees me as the kid sister or whatever. So not sure what you are talking about." Piney sits back, chuckling, " Sometimes I wish I could slap some sense into some of these guys like I wish someone did to me with Mary. Guess I'll be playing match maker with a certain son."

Hannah shook her head," Oh, I don't want to be with Kozik. I just flirted to make someone jealous. Guess it didn't work because he doesn't talk to me, doubt he even feels the same way, or even looks my way. I mean, look at me, I'm just a plain book worm in sneakers, they have crow eaters in push up bras wearing heels. " Piney scoffs," Trust me, I wasn't talking about Kozik. I like the boy, but I know what I see. Do you have class tonight ?" Hannah nods, " Yea, can you drop me off ? Isn't there a party tonight at the clubhouse ?" Piney nods, "Yea, Mike's birthday. Nothing big, just a bbq and drinks. Guess he wanted it low key. Come on, I'll drop you off at school." Later, hopping off the bike, Hannah gives Piney a hug,"Thanks for hearing me out, and for the ride. " Piney pats her back," I want you to stay at the cabin this weekend, I'll have someone take you and Gracie up there in the morning. You said she wants to go camping right ? It's nice and quiet up there, and I need to figure out what we will do with getting Stahl off your back."

The bbq was low key, the sons, some family members and crow eaters. Hannah helped Gemma set up a buffet of food, while Gracie played on the playground with the Kenny and Ellie. Kozik texts Hannah with a selfie  Sorry cutie, looks like I need to stay in Tacoma another week. Eat some burgers for me :-( Hannah smiled and sent him back a selfie of her holding up a burger Yummy :-) before putting her phone away. Later in the night, when people started to leave, Hannah noticed Mike was very drunk. Clay said he needs to go lay down, and with the other guys busy playing games in the parking lot, Hannah offered to help walk Mike to a dorm room to lay down. She slips his arm over her shoulder and guides him through the clubhouse into the spare dorm. He's really drunk and slurring his words, giggling like a fool but cooperating with her guidance. She slides off his Kutte, helps him out of his hoodie and jeans before he flops face down on the bed then Hannah takes off his socks and boots. He's snoring soon, and she covers him with a blanket.

She starts folding his clothes and placing them on his chair, when a phone slips out of his jeans. She picks it up, and goes to put it back in, but the message on the screen catches her eye. It's someone asking him about a little girl. Maybe his daughter ? Hannah shrugs and slides it in when it vibrates and another message pops up, this time with a large amount of money in the text. Curiosity gets the best of her, and she quietly walks into the bathroom to look at the messages. The phone is unlocked, so she swipes and goes to the texts. And she feels like she was punched in the gut. It's Mike talking to someone about Gracie, offering to sell her to the buyer. There's even photos of Gracie and her in his phone. Hannah is shaking. Taking the phone, with Mike passed out, she slips out of the room and down the hallway to find her backpack. Sneaking up to the roof, and into a corner, she fires up the laptop, then downloads all the files, photos, numbers, taking screenshots of his emails, whatever he has on the phone into a folder on a flash drive. Careful not to erase what's on his phone except the screenshots she took, she hides the flash drive in a secret spot in the roof, then heads back downstairs. Tiptoeing back into the dorm, she slips the phone back into his pocket, and leaves.