Chapter 3 - Asshole

It's been three months since I moved to Springs, and the time has flown by faster than I could have ever imagined. For the last few months I've been busy setting up my house to make it feel more like a home, and when I'm not at home, I'm working in my mechanical shop, which is open five days a week, Monday to Friday.

So far I only have one friend in town and that's Austin who works in the garage with me. If I'm honest he kind of came with the business, he's worked in the shop for three years under the previous boss, but I'm so glad that he stayed on to work for me, because I'd be lost without him.

Though it has only been a couple months, it's safe to say Austin is one of the nicest men I have ever met. He has a heart of gold and is always putting others before himself. I've never once had any trouble with Austin, he is respectful and hardworking and above all else; he doesn't treat me like I'm less than him because I'm a female running a mechanic shop. Oh, and did I mention he is very easy on the eye as well?

I wouldn't say he's tall, but he's taller than me and I'm not exactly short, with olive skin, and light brown messy hair that seems to go lighter the more time he spends in the sun. He has stunning almond shaped blue eyes, and a friendly smile.

"I'll be back in a second, sing out if you need me." I tell Austin as I make my way into my office located at the back of the shop.

"Take your time." He smiles as he looks from the hood of a car.

Sitting in my large black leather office chair, I place my legs upon the old timber desk, sinking back into the chair as I pull my phone from its charger and scroll through my contacts. The moment I see 'Mom' on the screen, I hit call and place the phone to my ear.

Home sickness is another thing I've been dealing with the last few months, each day I wait for it to become easier and it does, but I still have this void, I still feel alone.

"Hi Honey." Mom answers cheerfully.

"Hey Mom." I answer softly, my eyes closing as I take in the sound of her voice.

"Is everything okay?" She questions in a worried tone.

"I'm missing home a lot today." I admit.

"Oh honey, we miss you too, believe me, it'll all be over soon and you and Avery will be able to return home." she says in an attempt to reassure me.

"Soon can't come soon enough." I sigh softly.

"Thanks for breakfast my love, we're heading out." I hear Dad call to Mom in the background.

"Dean your daughter is on the phone; would you like to talk to her?"

"Amity, everything okay?" Dad questions worriedly as soon as he places the phone to his ear.

"Everything is fine, Dad, I just wanted to hear your voices, that's all." I do my best to cover up my emotions, as I always have.

"Is that Amity?" Benz yells in the background. A moment later his voice is clear, speaking to me down the line.

"Hey babe"

"Hello Benz." I giggle softly, already knowing this won't end well.

"You know it hurts my feelings when you don't text me back."

I laugh loudly and shake my head. "And what did you want me to text back to a photo of your dick Benz?"

"A photo back." I can sense a smirk on his face through the phone.

"In your dreams." I continue to giggle with another shake of my head.

"Aww come on Am, you weren't saying that when you were seventeen-". He begins but suddenly stops as I hear Dad clear his throat in the background and grin softly to myself.