Chapter 48 - Wedding

The weeks have flown by in what's feels like days, so much change is occurring in a short amount of time, but it's good change. After leaving Markus dead in East Cliff and getting our Doctor to stitch Chet's shoulder, we spoke to officer Bradley and informed him in on what had happened. With the permission of the East Cliff police department, officer Bradley went looking for a suspect (Markus) in a sex trafficking case, who he had been informed had been seen around East Cliff. Of course it didn't take him long to find him, because we told him where he was. Finding him with bullet wounds, the East Cliff officers were happy to have him taken away, and leave Springs department to deal with it, it was one less case for them to look into, and that worked out perfectly for Chet and I, because we can both walk away from this and leave it in the past.

A lot has happened with the Cobras in the last few weeks as well. They now have a new leader... Chet. After everything that went down with Markus, Dad spoke to both Chet and Alex about taking over the Cobras in a shared roll. Dad explained he didn't want Chet to just join the crew after already being a leader, that he would be happy for him to share the role with Alex if he was happy to do so. Chet didn't want the role at first, he didn't want to take it away from Alex who is the heir to the Cobra throne, but then something else happened, Alex informed Dad he no longer wanted the throne, he didn't want to be the boss and he was happy for Chet to have the title on his own.

At first Dad was shocked, as was Chet. But Alex explained that he and Star had been speaking about their future, their children, what they wanted in life, and after everything that happened with the sex trafficking, and Markus, Alex just couldn't see himself dealing with all the things that come with being the boss. He and Star want a simple life, and being part of a Mafia organization is hard enough. Being the boss would only be harder.

After the initial shock, Dad understood where Alex was coming from and respected his decision. Then it was my turn to decide, because with Alex no longer stepping up, Dad asked if I would like to step up and lead the crew with Chet. Being the boss of the Cobras was never something I had thought about, it was never something I wanted, and while I also declined being the boss, I came up with an idea everyone agreed to. I am now the owner of the Cobras, and Chet is the soul boss. Everyone answers to him.

Everything has happened so quickly and today we have another special life event to mark off the calendar, Sasha and Ryan's wedding.

As I stand on the large balcony of the room Chet and I are spending the night in, In my burgundy floor-length gown I admire the grounds below me where my best friend will be getting married in an hour. Once again Mom has out done herself everything looks so perfect, the fairy lights, the square-shaped tulle draped arch, the peony flowers, the Hampton style chairs, and the rose petal isle, everything looks beautiful.

Last night the girls and I spent the night in the house while the boys spent the night at Chet and I's place. The girls and I had a pamper night getting our nails done, facials, hair treatments, massages, the entire works, while the boys went to a strip club in town, I bet all of them would have been feeling sorry for themselves this morning after a big night of drinking, I just pray none of them did anything stupid, especially Ryan, Sasha will kill him if he comes back with a face tattoo or one eyebrow.

This morning the girls and I had a champagne breakfast (I of course didn't drink the champagne), and then it was time for hair and makeup, which took a couple of hours, but I'm happy with my final look. Today, my long dark hair is out and curled and make up once again flawless, with black smoky eyes and nude lips.

"There you are, I was looking for you." Chet speaks from behind me as he makes his way out onto the balcony. "What are you doing out here?" He asks as he wraps his arms around me from behind and presses a soft kiss to my neck.