Chapter 33 - Into the night

I flew home at top speed and pulled into the driveway. As I did, the first thing I saw was Ryan and Markus's cars already parked and both of them standing at the front door waiting for me to arrive. Quickly I parked the car off to the side of the driveway and bolted up the front steps, meeting them.

I unlocked the front door quickly and explained to them what had happened when I got back to Amity's place. All of us were on the same page right away, both of them agreeing that someone has to have her, there is no way she set fire to her house, and she left town.

"I'm thinking Boston's crew." I tell them as I pull my laptop and pass it to Ryan. "They're the only ones hanging around Springs at the moment and Boston and my Dad hated each other, they've gone after her to get to me, that's the only explanation."

"I'd have to agree, I think Boston's crew is the only logical explanation at this point." Markus nods

"Are you going to call her parents while we look into this or do you want to wait?" Ryan questions as he looks up from the screen of the laptop.

"I'll call them now, It's bad enough she's been taken because of me, if I don't call them now her Dad will hate me more than he already does." I shake my head as I slide my hand into my pocket, pulling out my phone, heading into the living room for some privacy.

Dialing Dean's number, I press the phone to my ear and wait, taking a deep breath.

"Dean Logan." He answers the phone.

"Dean it's Chet." I swallow hard. "There is no simple way to say this, I need you guys to come to Springs, Amity has been taken."

"Taken? What the hell do you mean she's been taken Chet?" he shouts down the phone.

"I was with her this morning at her place and I got called to my warehouse due to our motion detection alarms going off, I was only gone for about an hour but when I came back her house was on fire and they assure me she wasn't inside."

"Her house was on fire?" He shouts down the phone.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what else to tell you, I think this is probably my fault, we have a lead and we could really use your help."

"We're on the way." He says before hanging up the phone.

Sliding my phone back into my pocket, I take a few deep breaths and head for the kitchen once more.

"How did it go?"

"Dean isn't impressed as you can imagine, but they're on the way."

"Don't beat yourself up man, we'll find her." Ryan says with a soft smile.

***

It's been a few hours since I phone Dean and asked him to come to Springs to help me find his daughter, and in those last few hours not a lot has changed other than Brigette and Sasha arriving, trying to help with the search and us boys still looking into any lead we can.

I place my head in my hands for a moment. We're coming up with nothing, I need to be out looking for her by foot, at least I'll feel like I'm doing something. Suddenly the loud buzzer rings through the house, informing me someone is at the gate. Standing to my feet, I walk towards the surveillance room and swing the door open, checking the cameras.

It's Dean and Evana, just as I expected. I step out the room and press the button on the wall, the gates opening, allowing them to drive in.

As they come speeding up the driveway, I make my way to the front door and pull it open. Like nothing I've seen before, the car is parked, jerking forward as it does at great speed and Dean jumps out, bolting up my front steps.