Chapter 29 - Babysitter

Buzzzzzzz, Buzzzzzz, Buzzzzzzzz, Sasha Calling:

"Morning Sash." I answer with a smile

"Morning Beautiful, how are you feeling today?"

Giggling softly, I shake my head. It's been two weeks since Chet and I's relationship came to an end and for the last two weeks Sasha and Brigette have been phoning to me to check on me every day, and when they're not on the phone, they're on my doorstep, usually with wine or food hampers. Not a day goes by, I'm not reminded how lucky I am to have friends like them in my life.

"I'm fine, Sash, just as I was yesterday and the day before. I told you, I had my moment of weakness, I cried and now I'm okay."

"How would you feel about coming for dinner tonight? The four of us?"

"Four?"

"Yes, myself, Ryan, you and Chet?"

Chet. I haven't seen or spoken to him in two weeks. Even though we live in a small town, it's almost as if he's been avoiding my side of town and I've been avoiding his, making sure we don't run into one another.

"Uh, I don't know about that Sash, I don't think that's the best idea."

"I thought you said you cried, and you were fine now, so we can all go back to hanging out as friends, right?"

"Yeah, of course we can, just, m-maybe not tonight?"

"Fine, maybe some other time." she sighs softly. At the same time, I can hear her texting. Probably to tell Ryan dinner isn't happening.

Beep, Beep. My phone sounds in my ear, alerting me to the fact someone else is trying to call me. Pulling the phone away from my ear, I check the screen and find it's Austin.

"Hey Sash, Austin is trying to call me, so I'll call you later."

"Okay, bye, talk soon."

Quickly I hit end call and answer and I pull the phone to my ear once more. "Hey Aus, what's up?"

"Hey Amity, uh, I was wondering if you're busy tonight?"

"No, not at all why?"

"I'm taking Brigette out on a date tonight, and Mom isn't well and-"

"You need me to look after P?" I question quickly, a hopeful tone filling my voice.

"Would that be okay? Only if you're not busy."

"Austin, I would love to look after her, what time do you need me there?"

"Five?"

"Sure, I'll be there."

"Thank-you so much, I'll see you then."

"See you then." I smile as I hang up the phone.

As bad as I feel about rejecting Sasha's offer but excepting Austin's, spending time with Paisley is exactly what I need right now. If anyone can put a smile on my face, it's P, I love spending time with her, it's like forgetting the world around you and becoming a child all over again. We color in, play hide and seek, go swimming, and sometimes I even let her rope me into playing with her dolls, but what I love most is cooking with her. P loves cooking so whenever I watch her for Austin we bake a cake or Cupcakes.

Chet's POV:

"Chet please?" Brigette begs.

"Brigette I really don't think it's a good idea, I'm not even good with kids." I huff.

"What do you mean? You're great with her and she loves you. Please Chet."

"Are you that desperate to go on a date with Austin that you're begging me?" I chuckle softly with a shake of my head.