Chapter 42 - Gang life

I woke early this morning, 7 AM early and on my day off. Unable to get back to sleep, I slipped out of bed, careful not to wake Amity who was sleeping soundly next to me, and headed downstairs to make breakfast for the two of us.

While I've always been pretty decent when it comes to cooking, somehow I burned the toast three times this morning. Once while I was on the phone with Ryan, once while checking my emails from Dean, and once checking on Amity after hearing a noise from upstairs.

"Aww Chetty you make such an excellent housewife." Ryan teases as he makes his way into the kitchen via the front door and takes a seat on the black leather stool at the bench.

"I have a girlfriend and a baby to care for, and would you keep it down Amity is still sleeping." I whisper shout as I flip the eggs in the pan, and check the toast, refusing to let it burn for the fourth time.

"I know, I know, Daddy of the year." Ryan continues to tease. "Wait, does this mean you lose your title of Amity's Daddy?" He winks.

A smirk quickly appears on my lips to his question and I chuckle softly, thinking back to the time I asked Amity that exact question. "Worry about your title in the bedroom."

"Don't worry about me, mate, I'm God."

"I'm sure you are. God awful." I laugh loudly.

"Ha, funny, you should be a comedian." He clears his throat, "Anyway, I didn't come here to be insulted. How are things going with the investigation?

His words cause me to laugh harder, that same smirk appearing on my lips as I try to stop myself. "Good." I nod. "Having Dean and Cobras on board has really helped move things along."

"That's always a good thing, the sooner we can stop this the better."

"Benz has taken over the case full time, Dean thought it would be best for me to distance myself a little, you know, with the baby and all."

"Makes sense, these men are fucked, the last thing you want is them coming near Amity or the baby."

"On that topic." I turn the stove off and begin the plate up the breakfast. "After you and Sasha are married and you start thinking about children, what are we going to do with the woman we find? I mean, it might not be the safest thing to have them at your place anymore."

"We haven't really thought about that." He admits, "I'll have to talk to Sasha about it."

"I think you should, we can work something out." I tell him as I pick up my plate from the kitchen bench and place it in the oven.

"But we can talk about it later, for now, I have a girlfriend and a baby to feed." I say as I pick up the second plate from the bench along with a knife and fork, and glass of juice and place it on the breakfast in bed tray. I then pick up the tray and head for the stairs.

"Yeah, no your cool man, I didn't want any breakfast or anything." Ryan calls after me.

"Eggs and bacon are in the fridge, go for it." I call back to him with a smirk..

"I'll see myself out, goodbye." He calls after me once more.

"Goodbye." I call back.

Reaching the bedroom door, I push it open with my free hand to find Amity awake and sitting up in bed.

"You're awake." I smile as I place the tray on legs down next to her.

"I've been awake since you got out of bed, I was just to lazy to move." She giggles looking up at me.

"How are feeling?"

"I'm okay, I guess I'm a little sad about finishing up work, but I'm useless to them now, without trying to push on any longer." I sigh.