Ten

Kandi suggested we go either for a run or for a hike

Kandi suggested we go either for a run or for a hike. Why, you may ask? Well because I gained weight and I would like to lose some. She said running or hiking often will set me up for going back to the gym, I'd ease my way into it sooner than later.

Now, there isn't a lot of hiking trails for us to go in New York that is close, not that I actually minded it be slightly far from us, I can do nature but not the heavily wooded kind with lots of animals and shit. So I chose running.

What I didn't choose was getting up early to do so.

It had to be like five thirty when I felt some extra weight on my back and then fingers spreading around my body, digging into my most ticklish spots, pulling me out of my slumber. "Get up!" I heard Kandi said in between not only her laughs but mine as she continued to torture me.

"Get off of me!" I shouted back, breathing heavily from the excessive laughing and thrashing around trying to throw her off of me but she's pretty strong.

"Only if you get up!" She said with more giggles, her finger tips finding to my underarms which was the most ticklish part of me making me scream out in laughter.

"Okay, okay. You win!" I told her with more giggles. Finally she let off of me, rolling over to my side and smiled as I sat up, breathing heavily.

"Good. Now get up." I pouted, climbing out of bed.

"It's like five thirty on a Saturday morning." I complained making her laugh.

"It is. This is also the best time to run as the sun isn't beaming down on you and once we're done, the juice place will be open." I frowned.

"I said, I'll run. All that extra shit, uh uh." I said as I rubbed my sleep out of my eyes.

"It's all a part of the weight loss journey. Protein shakes are where it's at." I rolled my eyes and huffed, grabbing a pair of my under clothes from my drawer before glancing back in her direction.

"Give me like thirty minutes, I'll be ready soon,"

"Taking a shower now just to take one when you get back. I like the waste of water."

"Well I'm sorry for crying last night and now I smell like a lonely old woman minus the cats." I murmured.

"Nature won't mind the musk." I glared at her for a second before going into the bathroom anyway and slamming the door behind me.

"I'll be out in thirty minutes or less!" I shouted, turning the shower on.

***

So now we're here, running through a park, Kandi somehow able to keep up a conversation without sounding winded while I sounded as if I just ran a marathon when really, I just jogged around the park twice.

"Oh, yeah. Why were you crying last night?" Kandi seemed to remember my little rant from this morning randomly. I turned to face her and shrugged then looked forward, trying to make sure I don't trip over anything, I already did ten minutes ago when I wasn't paying attention.

"I kinda bumped into someone I didn't need to see." I answered honestly, moving closer to her when I saw someone needed space to run by us.

"Your mother? What happened after I left?" She asked. I shook my head.

"She's the reason why I bumped into the person. We had an argument, she slapped me and left. I wanted a drink but I went to the park instead and stared at the fountain for a bit."

"She what?" Kandi exclaimed.

"That doesn't matter. What matters is, I bumped into Tommy." She looked over at me with a frown. "He didn't do anything. But we talked. Then he got me thinking about sex and then I was debating on going with him because I was stressed out and you know I turn to sex when I am-."

"Did you have sex with him, Bili?" Kandi asked, cutting me off and stilling beside me.

Twisting my lips to the side, I stared at her for a minute. "Hello? Earth to Bili."

"No. I didn't." I admitted finally. "But I almost did. I almost did and I cried because I almost did." I ran my hands across my face and groaned. "I don't know what to do."

"What you need is a day off. I got an idea on how we can spend it."

"If it has something to do with your little lesbian friends, I rather not. It's always a great time getting drunk with y'all but, wild shit always happens."

"That's the magic of it all, B. You get into some wild shit and still manage to feel a lot better about whatever was bothering you at the end of whatever we do. You know it's always a fun time with us." I rolled my eyes before nodding slowly.

"I swear, if Kate's band so even brushes against my ass again, I'm snapping on all of y'all." I told her.

"That's not even her name and you know it."

"No one wants to say Katecia. I gave her a nickname. She should be grateful." I joked. Kandi shook her head.

"Come on, let's go pamper ourselves before our big night. You mind if the girls come over?" She asked standing up.

"As long as London keeps her clothes on, we'll be fine."

So here we are, four hours later, my house filled with five lesbians, a gay man, and me. They were talking about some girl they know from work and I was just snacking on some pretzels that Journey brought over whilst James did my nails.

"You look beautiful as always." I heard a familiar voice say. I looked up seeing Katecia standing beside me.

"Thanks, Katecia." I managed to say without rolling my eyes and turning back to look at James as he continued my nails.

"So, Kandi told me that you need a break tonight. I know exactly what you need." She pulled a bar that looked like a Rice Krispie treat but just made with Lucky Charms instead.

"What the fuck is that?" I asked quickly, frowning.

"An edible." She answered.

"You got more?" James asked. "I'm trying to make sure tonight is wild and care free." He said with a light chuckle. I looked up at Katecia who smiled.

"Of course." She pulled out a couple more of the treats, putting them on the table and like a swarm of flies, everybody slithered over, grabbing one, even Kandi. There was none left on the table. I looked up at Katecia and raised my eyebrow.

"I guess the best gets the best one." She then proceeded to pulled out another treat, this one slightly different than the others. It looked like fruit pebbles which just so happened to be my favorite cereal. "Come on, B. You know you want to try." She coaxed, waving the bag in front of my face.

"What drug is in it?" I questioned curiously causing everyone around me to laugh.

"Even though you get your back blown, you're still as innocent as it gets." Kandi said making me glare in her direction before turning back to Katecia.

Katecia smiled and nodded. "It's weed, B. Do you want it or nah?" I looked around, seeing everyone eating their treat and staring at me, awaiting my answer.

"Come on, Bil. You need to let loose. Just for one night." Journey said which made me sigh before grabbing the bag from Katecia and rip it open.

"If I do something embarrassing, don't remind me when I'm sober please." With whatever happens tonight, I just hope I make it back home in one piece.

Let's just say, the next chapter is going to get a lil wild.