Twelve

Today has been a stressful day

It doesn't help that my period started out of nowhere. A lot earlier than it should have been and a lot painful than normal. I swallowed almost half of the bottle of ibuprofen that Kandi gave me so graciously.

Tommy popped up again, this time it wasn't to give me problems, thankfully. But him showing up only brought more pressure on me, reminding me about the project I had set forth to my production team and that I would have to suffer through at least five presentations on new items that may or may not suck.

Then, I got a call from my mother, again scolding me on something that I don't want to do and she can't force me, even if she's my mother. We argued on the phone for about an hour before Kandi created a diversion for me, pulling me away from the call.

At the end of the day, I was sorting through a bunch of files, lazily, then I heard a knock on the door frame. I looked up, seeing a new janitor, who was very different from the man I grew fond of. I gulped.

"It's late. You want me to come back and finish your office later?" He asked politely. I shook my head.

"I'm just gathering my things to leave. You can start cleaning now." I told him gently, smiling just as gentle. He nodded then pulled the trash can in with him and I turned back to the files and decided that I'd sort it at home to get out of his way. He seemed different than Xing, as Xing could work with me in the room, but I wasn't going to press on the issue. It was late and I think I should get home.

After packing my things as quickly and quietly as I could, I rushed to the elevators, in hopes to leave as fast as I could. I needed a drink right now, maybe two.

I boarded onto the steel trap and pressed the button for the first floor then dug into my purse, searching for my car keys. I kept my head down as I searched, hoping that I'd find it faster if I looked as well as felt around. So with all that being said, I didn't pay attention when I heard the doors to the elevator open, I just assumed I was on the first floor and no one else besides the janitors were here but they don't use this elevator, there was another one on the other side close to their headquarters that they used. So when I bumped into a hard chest, I shrieked, dropping everything in my hands including my keys that I had just found.

"Bili!" I heard a familiar voice say. I looked up, meeting the eyes that told me a lot more than words could. He was happy to see me, as was I. I missed him. He was the breath of fresh air that I needed right now.

"Hi," I said softly, smiling much like an idiot but it was just Xing. The man who blesses my dreams and every thought. I don't know why or what this is, but it's weird and I'll admit, I like it.

Xing looked me up and down before bending down, starting to pick up the things I dropped. I stooped down as well, picking up the papers and other items. Our hands occasionally touching and the little contact sending shocks up my spine but I tried to play it cool.

Once everything was together, Xing took them in his hands and walked into the elevator, pressing the close door button afterwards. I took that chance to look up at him, seeing his jaw clenching and unclenching, his eyes closed. He looked tense.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly. And as quickly as I said that, everything that was in his hands were now on the ground again and our lips were connected, his hands cupping under my thighs while pushing me against the wall. I closed my eyes, moving my lips as well, enjoying this moment.

"I wanted to do this all day." Xing whispered, his lips still against mine. I opened my eyes to look into his and saw nothing but pure lust. "I miss you."

"I missed you too." I replied. Just then my stomach growled and I felt a pain in my lower abdomen, reminding me that all I ate today was a muffin just so I could take the ibuprofen. I blushed, looking down.

"Hungry?" He asked.

"Yeah, I was on my way to pick up something, actually."

"Why?" I raised my eyebrow at his question.

"I'm a little too tired to cook right now." I admitted. I watched as he tilted his head to side, pecking my lips once and chuckled.

"Want me to cook for you?"

"You cook?" He nodded slowly.

"I told you before, silly. I want to be the Gordon Ramsey of Japan." I nodded slowly as I remember our conversation from a month ago when he did indeed admit that to me.

"Well, that settles it. You're cooking for me tonight." He grinned, nodding and kissing me one more time before putting me down, just as the elevator's doors opened.

We walked out to my car, our hands intertwined and our voices low as we talked about random things that happened throughout our day. We neared my car quickly but as quickly as we neared it, that was how quick Xing walked past it. "Xing," I said, halting to a stop, he did the same turning to face me.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Where you going?" I teased. He looked at me confused then turned.

"To your car. Where is car?" I giggled then turned him so he was facing the car.

"Right there." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"You get new car?" I shook my head.

"It's older than the other ones. I just don't drive it as often because it's a gas guzzler and believe it or not but I'm not trying to spend a lot of money on gas everyday I come into work." I told him honestly.

"Gas guzzler? What is that?" I nodded slowly as we walked over to the car slowly.

"It uses a lot of gas." I answered. Xing nodded as well, watching me open the back door. He placed the files and bag he had in his arms in before rushing over to the driver's side and opening it for me. I thanked him, sliding in. He closed the door after me then jogged over to the passenger side, getting in then looking at me.

"I just realized, I don't really have groceries." I told him gently. Xing raised his eyebrow before nodding.

"Stores open late?" He asked. I shrugged.

"There are some."

"Around here?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, but the best stores that are still open are a little further out. You think you can stay up with me?" I asked. Xing smiled.

"In Japan it is afternoon." I nodded slowly, understanding what he meant.

"So, wanna pull an all nighter? It's Friday," I spoke a little too excitedly. Xing looked me over before nodding.

"Yes. If that mean stay with you." I grinned, starting the car.

"You don't even know what you got yourself into." I told him. Xing's eyes flashed with what I assume is mischief before shrugging.

"I trust you." My heart swole a lot more than before, making me turn my attention over to the road, not knowing how to respond. I just chuckled then pulled out of the parking lot, starting our journey.