Eighteen

I haven't talked to Xing in a minute

I haven't talked to Xing in a minute. I blamed it on the fact that I was busy but in reality, he hasn't responded to any of my messages and I know he has seen them because his read receipts are on. I didn't react the first couple of times when it happened but after the third day of no response from him, I resulted in another way of talking to him.

Once I was showered, I sat down on the edge of my bed, staring at the pile of clothes ready for me to wear today for these meetings and conferences, but my finger hovered over the number for the mailroom back at the office. I waited for a little bit, contemplating whether or not I really wanted to call but when I realized I needed to hear his voice right about now, I pressed on the number then put the phone to my ear. I only waited for a couple of seconds before I heard a voice on the phone.

"Bili's Natural Beauty's mailroom, this is David speaking, how may I help you?" David wearily muttered onto the phone. I don't blame him. He's stuck in the mailroom all day, there's never anything exciting going on in there.

"Hi, David. This is Bili," I could hear him gulp on the other end.

"Ms. Harrison, how may I assist you today?" he asked, his tone completely changed. I wanted to giggle at it but didn't as I shook my head.

"I was just wondering if an employee came in today," I said.

"Who were you looking for?" I could hear him moving around in the background.

"Uh, Xing Ming-Yung." There was silence for a couple of seconds before he clicked his tongue.

"Yes, he came in earlier left at twelve actually." I nodded slowly. "Something wrong? Was he not supposed to come in?"

"No, he was. When's the next time he's scheduled in?" I asked.

"Tomorrow actually. Do you want me to tell him to give you a call when he comes in?"

"No, I'll just call back tomorrow. Thank you, David." I could hear him smile as I said his name but didn't pay it any mind before hanging up the phone. I groaned, rubbing my hands along my face and shook my head.

So he was fine. I mean, I knew he was fine, but he definitely had people seen him and he was healthy, he's just ignoring me. I don't know what I did wrong, but it hurt.

A day later, I was in the same predicament, Xing ignoring my texts and no answer, so I called again. Just as yesterday, David answered the phone with a bored tone but once he realized it was me, he told me to give him a second and I was put on a brief hold. I waited a couple of seconds before I heard his voice.

"Why you call at work?" he asked, almost angrily into the phone. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Because I was worried about you. You haven't been answering my texts or calls." I said softly.

"So?"

"I was worried, Xing!" I shouted into the phone before calming down. "What the hell is wrong with you? We were just good."

"You think you bribe me with money?" I frowned, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"What are you talking about?"

"I no need help from you, Bili. I fine by self."

"I was just trying to help."

"And you make me feel bad."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You are better. I am worse." I shook my head, completely confused as to what he was talking about and what he meant. "You need better. Me no good for you."

"Xing, what are you talking about?" I repeated into the phone.

"I no have money. You need man who care for you without using you money." I chuckled dryly.

"Are you upset that I helped you?"

"I upset because you no need spend money on me. I need spend money on you." I smiled. "Man take care of woman. Not woman take care of man. My dad take care of my mom when I grow up. I wanna do that for you, but I no can."

"Baby, ain't nothing wrong with needing help and depending on someone to help you. Do you know how long it took me to actually get all of this on my own and then I was able to pay back the person I depended on? It took me a year. I'm not saying I want you to pay me back, because I don't, but I want you to know that I will always want to help you because I care for you and I will help you for as long as you need help."

"I feel bad," he whispered into the phone.

"Don't be. Because if I didn't use it to help you, it was just going to be sitting there in my bank account until the day I die. And maybe then, if I have kids, they will find something better to do with the money than to just leave it sitting there." I told him softly. "Xing, I want you to know that I care for you a lot. Like, a whole lot."

"I care for you too." I could hear the smile in his voice. "When you come back home?"

"Next week," I admitted, a smile on my face.

"I no can wait until I see you again." He said into the phone quietly. "I want touch you and hold you." I smiled brighter.

"I can't wait to see you too. I have some plans." I admitted.

"What plans?"

"It's a surprise." I told him with a giggle. "You trust me?" I asked.

"Yes." He said without any hesitation. I grinned, my eyes landing on the clock and then nearly bulging out of their sockets when I saw the time.

"Shit, I gotta go. I'll see you next week." I could hear him pout. "I'm sorry."

"I call you tonight. I want see you face and hear you moan for me." I felt my face heat up at his exclamation.

"Xing!" I shouted into the phone with a giggle. "You're on a work phone."

"I want people know you are mine." I laughed while shaking my head. His possessiveness turning me on but I had to slow the thoughts down because I really had to go.

"I'll talk to you later. Be good."

"You too." We hung up after that and once my phone was out of my hands, I giggled like a school girl and stuffed my face into my hands.

I can't describe the way that I feel but I feel it and it actually feels good.