Seventeen

I'm not writing this the way it was supposed to be written and I apologize Missward

I'm not writing this the way it was supposed to be written and I apologize Missward. My head isn't in the game but at least I got my laptop back. Tell me what y'all think about this chapter. Also, things are going to go down soon because this book is gonna be semi-short. Ending around 25-30 chapters. Idk yet.

Photos after photos, fake smile after fake smile, a bitch --me, I'm the bitch-- was beat. I wanted nothing more than I strip out of my clothes and take a nice hot bath but that would have to wait until I was able to get back to the hotel room. Right now, I was sitting in another meeting focusing on the advertisements and which one we should go with and they were honestly dragging it out, in my opinion. I have been picked which one I liked and now, I could barely keep my head up and my eyes open to save my life. 

But, I guess everyone realized that and finally decided on a package then the meeting was dismissed. I quickly gathered my things then made my way towards the elevators, barely paying attention to the world around, right now all I wanted to do was sleep and this wasn't even near being the end of this business venture. 

I dug into my bag, searching for my room key when I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up at the man who had been giving me problems but as of lately, things have been chill. Tommy smiled at me sweetly and shifted nervously on his feet. "Hey," I greeted lowly, then turned back to my bag, again searching for the key card. 

"You look exhausted," he commented. I chuckled, nodding. 

"Oh, I am," I told him honestly, finally finding my key then closing my bag and looking back at the man behind me. "You look exhausted too," I admitted. He nodded, rubbing the back of his neck. 

"I don't want to disappoint the boss," he said softly. Just then the elevator doors opened. I turned to look at it, then moved quickly inside it and looked up at Tommy. 

"Coming in?" I asked. He nodded then quickly followed suit, standing beside me and crossed his arms, keeping some safe distance between us. I looked over in his way and smiled forcedly. "You don't have to act so weirdly. We had a past but it doesn't have to be like this." I muttered. Tommy chuckled humorlessly, shaking his head. 

"It will always be weird because you never had those same feelings I had for you, Bili. And it's easier said than done to fall out of love with you. You're all I see and hear because I work for you and I don't want to lose my job because I love it here." I gulped, looking away. "I'm sorry," he whispered. "If I weren't married, do you think there could have been a future for us?" he asked. I didn't respond right away, not knowing what to say. I knew the answer to his question, but the question was, was I sure? 

"No," I told him, gauging his reaction. He stared at me for a second ere nodding and looking forward and when I heard him sniffle, I knew I fucked up but I was too in deep now and what the fuck was I supposed to say? I knew me talking some more would just fuck up more shit, so I resolved to keep my mouth shut.