Twenty-Three

Waking up, it was almost like I was on the most comfortable mattress man had ever made

Waking up, it was almost like I was on the most comfortable mattress man had ever made. It was warm, held onto me tight, and let's not forget, it's firm and made me feel amazing. I snuggled into the bed more, moaning as I did so and once I was stable, I heard a grunt and then the mattress moved.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I rubbed my hands up, keeping my eyes closed until my hands met lips— that wasn't mine. I shot up out of the bed immediately, about to shriek until I saw a disgruntled Xing sitting up, trying to find the danger when there wasn't any. I was just overreacting and being dramatic as always.

"Who ass I beat?" Xing questioned as he sprung out of bed as well, the covers dropping from his body, making me remember how we both fell asleep last night. My mouth was definitely on his lower half and we fell asleep before he could put clothes back on. My face heat up at the fact along with me embarrassing myself.

I chuckled dryly before turning away from him slightly. "Uh, no one's. I'm sorry. I never really slept with someone in the same bed since..." I stopped my sentence at that, nodding slightly.

Before I knew it, Xing's arms were wrapped around me and his lips connected to my temple. "This gon take time and I got time." I smiled up at him, kissing his stubble covered chin then pushed my face into the crook of his neck. "I cook breakfast after we shower, okay?" I nodded and he took that as a cue to pick me up then carry me out of the confines of his room, to the bathroom a couple of paces from where we were— still naked as the day he was born y'all— then slammed the door closed after us.

"You want bath instead?" He asked lowly, cupping my ass roughly.

"I hate to turn it down, but I'm on my period. I don't want to contaminate the water with my menstrual secretions." Xing looked at me confused, in which I just responded with a dry laugh and shook my head. "I think we'd be better off with a shower. Separately." He pouted but I pressed a kiss to his lips and smiled. "Maybe next time."

"You no pill." I frowned at his question.

"What?"

"Haruki old girlfriend take pill. Haruki no have kids and she no bleed." I nodded slowly, finally understanding.

"Uh, no. To each it's own but I wasn't comfortable with taking a medicine that I've heard horror stories about."

"So you have sex with men with plastic?" I laughed at his curiosity but nodded anyway.

"With a condom. Which is nine times out of ten rubber, but yes. We always wore condoms." I nodded. "Except for..." I paused, not wanting to mention it again, but I'm sure he knew what I meant. "But, I get tested every six weeks. I can show you the test results if you'd like." Xing shook his head, shifting me in his arms before pressing a kiss to my lips.

"I no worry. I trust you." I forced a smile on my face before stuffing my face back into his neck. "So, shower?"

***

I finally got home three hours later, finding Kandi sprawled out on my couch even though she pretty much had a room here for whenever she would sleepover. I furrowed my eyebrows as I closed the front door behind me which made her jump up and look around before her sleepy eyes found mine. I waved slightly before walking towards my room.

"Good morning to you too," she grumbled, through a yawn. I looked back at her and nodded.

"Morning." I stifled a giggle when I saw the fresh hickey on her neck, but once again, I wasn't going to say anything to her about it. She's a grown woman, she can do as she pleases, as well as I. So if she doesn't bring it up, I won't either.

"How was the date?" Kandi asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

Chuckling, I shrugged. "Let's just say it ended quickly in me crying and then we went back to his place." We finally made it to my room and I took that as my chance to strip free of the Xing's clothes-- even though I really wanted to keep it on and smell like him-- but I wanted to take another shower. After I left Xing's house, I had to run to catch my Uber as he took up my time and attention for the time that the Uber driver was on their way to get me. It was almost like he didn't want to let me go. After I convinced him that I'd be back, that's when he finally let me go and I had ran out his house quickly as I only had a minute to catch it before I was charged and they left.

I guess while I was thinking about Xing, Kandi took that time to finally look me over because she giggled and a bunch of questions flew out of her mouth quicker than a bat out of hell. "Where's your dress? Did you and Xing have sex? While on your period? That's kinky and kind of nasty but I'm not judging. You do you boo." I rolled my eyes at her antics and giggled nonetheless.

"My dress is in the trash, thankfully. And no, we didn't. I gave him head though." I admitted. Kandi squealed.

"You skanky bitch," she said with a giggle. "At least one of us got as far as that. I went to spend some time with Robyn. All was fine and dandy until I heard a baby cry out." I looked over at Kandi, comprehending her words immediately.

"I'm sorry, Kan," I said, a sad expression on my face. She just shrugged as if it didn't bother her but I knew she was bothered. I know my best friend, she was upset and she had every right to. That was her first love and she was stuck in the past, both of them were but they didn't work out then, and it seemed like they still wouldn't out now.

"It's all good. Ain't nothing you could've done and you didn't get her pregnant." I sighed, putting my hips on my bare waist. "But anyway, did you eat? I can fix us something while you're in the shower." I shook my head.

"I ate but you can eat anything. I'll be back out in a couple."

I showered for at least an hour and when I got out, I heard talking in the living room, and it didn't just sound like Kandi. There were at least two feminine voices— besides Kandi's— and two different males. They seemed like they were having a heated conversation and I damned if I was going to let them gang up on Kandi.

I quickly pulled on my clothes then rushed out to the living room and stopped once I realized who was here. "What are you doing here, Tommy?" I asked. "And who are these people?" He forced a smile on his face before looking apologetically at me.

"Can we talk?" he asked softly. I looked over at Kandi who looked at me just as confused as I felt.