4 - and all the pieces fall

"Welcome back Sir!" His secretary greeted him thinking he just took a vacation away from work, in a way, he did.

When he opened his office. He saw Wayo sitting on his chair, working on the papers on his table.

"You did a great job here Yo." He chuckled.

Wayo turned to the door with shock written all over his face. He got up and hugged Beam.

"P'Beam! You're back! Why didn't you tell me that you were coming back?" Wayo pinched his cheek.

"I wanted to surprise you. You really did an amazing work here." Beam was grateful for Wayo stepping in and taking care of his business while he was recovering.

"I only did a little and besides, I enjoyed working here. This is the first time P'Pha had let me do actual work. Well, it was fun while it lasted." Wayo pouted.

"Here take this." He handed Wayo a key.

"What's this for?" Wayo examined the key in his hands.

"It's for the office next to this one." Beam pointed at the wall, letting Wayo know the location of his very own office.

"What?!" Wayo was starting to freak out.

"I talked to Pha and he agreed to my request to let you stay here as my new Vice President. It's been hard running this place alone, I'm sure you understand." Beam proudly announced.

"What! No way! Thank you!" Wayo jumped up and down from excitement.

Wayo peeked at the employees outside the office door.

"Everyone! I'm officially employed!!"

Everyone clapped and cheered for him.

"That's my husband everyone!" A voice from the crowd yelled.

"P'Pha! What are you doing here?" Wayo couldn't contain his excitement and just jumped on Pha.

"I'm here to take you out. You should ask your boss if you can take the rest of the day off." Pha answered.

"P'Beam can I? Can I?"

Beam nodded and messed Wayo's hair.

"Get going lovebirds." He told them. The two happily went on their way.

Beam took a deep breath. Everything felt like the way it should be. And while he feels that way he there's a weird feeling he just couldn't place and he couldn't ignore.

He rummaged through his drawers and stumbled upon a few hand written cards from the flowers he used to receive from Forth. He swallowed the lump in his throat. A slight urge to go over and read the cards nagged him. He threw it on the trash can instead.

"It's finally over." Beam sat on his chair and leaned back taking a deep breath.

For the rest of the day Beam was working and trying to catch up on the reports he missed for the past few months.

His phone rang, Kit was calling.

"Come on. Say 'sawadee' baby. It's Uncle Beam. Don't be shy."

Beam heard Kit's voice in the background. He giggled at the thought of the kid holding Kit's phone with both his hands and just staring at it.

"Pooh.."

"Hello? May I speak with Dada Kitty?" Beam asked the boy.

"Sorry Beam. It's his first time holding a phone." Kit was now on the line.

"Ai'Kitty! You missed me already?" He teases Kit.

"Shut up! Listen. I found a psychologist for you, well technically Ming did but the point is, it's only a few minutes away from your workplace. We can actually drop by later. I'll text you the address. I'll see you there." And the line went off before Beam could refuse him.

After he told Kit that he's been having recurring night terrors, his bestfriend had took it upon his own hands to find a specialist for him. And while Beam truly appreciates the help from Kit, he would have preferred to just let it be and hope that the nightmares would eventually stop and go away one day. For Beam, he couldn't really talk about the nightmare because he is aware it had something to do with what he went through and talking about it is like reliving those horrifying moments in life.

His phone beeped from a message sent by Kit.

Beam stood up and paced back and forth until finally stopping in front of the mirror that hangs from his wall. He touched his face. Every wound that he had was already healed and didn't even left a scar but everytime he closes his eyes he would remember it all over his face. It would made him flinched or winced, it may have disappeared but it still hurts just the same.

He stuffed his hand in his pocket. He traced the ring inside. Beam doesn't know why he still carries it with him up until today. Initially he wanted to throw it away but something was holding him back. It wasn't as easy as throwing the hand written cards that Forth gave him, he wished it was. So he took it with him everyday hoping that the following day he would be able to finally let the ring go.

He sighed and smile.

Someday soon.. Beam told himself.

He went back to his table to work but the unopened message from Kit keeps on popping up on his lockscreen.

If he wanted to start over with his life, he had to do it the right way. Waking up in the middle of the night, terrified, out of breath and sweating insanely is not something that should be ignored.

"Kit was right. Maybe I should pay this psychologist a visit later just to inquire." He said, avoiding any thought of commiting to actually doing the whole ordeal of it.

Beam opened the message from Kit. It was an address and a name.

"Dr. Samuel Klein.. Huh. His name sounds foreign."