EPILOGUE

"Yo? Are you good to go?" Pha closed the compartment after loading the bags.

"Almost. Let me just-" Wayo smaeared on more sunscreen in his face.

"It will be noon when we arrive at the resort. Why are you putting so much?"

"Does the sun not exist between here and the resort?" Wayo retorted back.

Pha chuckled and shook his head. He decided it's best not to say anything.

"We really should go. Beam is waiting."
They drove to the meeting point where Beam was casually sitting on the old dim sum shack.

"Sorry, we're late. There was too much sun apparently." Pha greeted at Beam.

Beam only laughed.

"It's okay."

The exhaustion from the trip to Pattaya disappeared as soon as the trio saw Ming and Kit at the hotel lobby following a dance lead by their son which involved a lot of hip movements. They all burst out in a laugh.

"P'Beam, we'll have dinner in a few minutes. Meet us at the beach." Ming handed him the key to his room.

The moment he saw the soft bed, he immediately dove right in. He buried his face in the pillows. When he inhaled a familiar scent, Beam sat up, bewildered. His mind must have been playing tricks on him.

How long has it been? Almost two years? It felt longer than that. It felt like an eternity. His chest ached into a painful twist. He didn't want to keep track of their time. It was pointless and he would only be hurting himself.He laid back down. He pulled the pillow from underneath his head and hugged it, pretending it was Forth.

His phone beeped on the nightstand. It was a text message from Kit asking him to meet up at the beach so they could have dinner.

Beam remained at the bed. He looked at the view from his balcony. It was almost sundown. He sighed, changed his clothes, got up, and headed down.

He sent Kit a text asking where they were. Beam looked around the beach, looking lost and confused.

"Are you lost, baby?"

Beam froze. His heart stopped at the sound of the voice coming from behind him. When Beam turned around, he felt as if the world turned with him. His sight turns blurry as his tears threatened to fall. He saw yellow daffodils in his hands. His eyes blinked in a slow recognition of the man that was standing in front of him, no less than eight feet away. His heart started beating again.

"Hi." Forth waved his hand awkwardly.

"H-hi.." Beam's voice faltered and the words came out as a stuttering whisper. He was confused about whether to wave back or to run towards Forth.

He took a step and so did Forth. Soon enough, footsteps turned to a run, meeting each other on the perfect spot where the sun kisses the ocean. Beam threw his arms around Forth's shoulder and clutched on to him tighter than anything he had ever held on to in his entire life. To be wrapped within his arms sent Beam into a flood of memories. Each one making his chest pound faster than the last. The hypnotic scent of Forth's neck made heat rose from his chest to his cheeks.

"Sorry, I kept you waiting." Forth uttered in his ear and in turn sent shivers down his spine. It made his heart race and knees melt.

"We're worth the wait. Remember?" Beam's tears finally found their way down.

Their eyes met longingly expressing how they have missed each other beyond words. Beam parted his lips and without a moment of hesitation Forth took it as his sign to seal it with his own. Yearning and longing like the waves that return to the shore all the time. The warmth of his kiss made Beam's toes curl under the sand. The taste of him calmed his mind. His hands burn at the touch on Forth's skin. The kiss deepened. His knees buckled and Forth pulled him closer wanting the kiss to never end until the sun sank beneath the horizon as the stars started to appear and shine brighter just for the both of them.

AND SO THEIR STORY GOES WITH A BETTER PROMISE OF TOMORROW..