27 - somewhere only we know

Beam held Forth's hand in his lap. The other has been stealing kisses on his cheek and lips the entire flight.

"I can't believe we are actually doing this." Forth says with a defeated smile.

"We both need this." Beam leaned on Forth's shoulder. He dug his chin on the hard muscle of his husband.

"Yeah. Yeah. I know." Forth kissed his forehead.

Beam glanced at the window of the private plane that they were on. He remembered the first time he was here. He wanted to jump off to his demise back then. Now he just wants to freeze this moment.

"I heard there are yetis on Norway." Forth blurted out, breaking the silence.

Beam playfully slapped his arms.

"Yetis are in Nepal." He laughed.

"Baby, I'm sure they're in Norway. They live in snowy cold places."

The remaining hours of their flight were filled with Forth debating who would win in a fight between a yeti and bigfoot. Beam although listening to Forth rambled on, has more concerning thoughts in his mind. He shook it off away wanting to focus on the man beside him.

"When will he be okay?" He asked again. Desperation was evident in his voice.

"I can help him Beam."

It wasn't the answer that Beam was hoping to hear but in his case, anything is better than nothing. Dreadful and anxious, he nodded for him to continue.

"I run a new rehabilitation center for people with the same case as Forth."

He looked at the picture frame, discreetly placed among the stacks of paper on his table. Beam glanced where Doctor Klein was looking. It was an image of him and his late wife. The doctor met Beam's gaze and smiled.

"Something of that severity never really goes away, Beam. It stays with them forever. What I'm offering isn't a cure but a definite way to get his life back."

"Okay. Then- then let's do it." Beam heard the eagerness in his own voice.

"He'll have to do it on his own. I'm afraid you can't be with him through the process."

"W-why not? Is that center exclusive for patients?" Beam asked, confused.

"It's in Norway."

"Norway?"

Beam didn't know how to respond. He felt the air in his lungs has been sucked out from him. He gripped at the jacket on his lap.

"How long will it take? A month? Two months?" His voice was shaking. The eagerness was long gone.

"Between eight months to two years. It varies from case to case. It's still up to Forth. He would be the one to decide if he is willing to go to Norway or not."

Doctor Klein noticed that empty look on Beam's face. The color that was there a minute ago was now gone.

"Would you like me to talk to him?"

The question fell deaf on Beam's ears. His mind had wandered too far out to even comprehend anything.

"Beam?"

Only at the gentle tap on his arms did he finally snapped out and returned to his senses.

"S-sorry. I'm sorry."

"It's alright. This is a lot to take in. I fully understand. I can talk to Forth for you. So I could explain in detail the rehabilitation process."