22 - heavenly way to die

"Call them again and try to get it recalled. How many days would it take all of you to retrieve those papers. If that envelope makes it to my husband I will kill every last one of you."

Forth's secretary along with a few other employees flinched at how dominating his voice was. It echoed along the hall that made everyone who was walking near his office scram in fear.

"If I still don't have that envelope in my hands after the day is done, don't bother coming in to work tomorrow." At this point, he was running out of threats.

Forth stood and faced the glass wall. His employees rushed to exit his office. It wasn't until the door clicked and he was alone when he sighed. The trouble of the divorce papers he sent Beam has been a constant headache for him. The past few days with Beam has been a bliss and if it wasn't for the notification his secretary received from the Prime Courier company he would've forgotten all about it.

The fault is his when he got the crazy idea of divorcing Beam and then attempting self harm when he was in that island. He had created a will along with it thinking that they will never be together again. He can still remember the phonecall he made to Nina on the elevator, to send the papers to his legal team when he took that impromptou vacation on Ming's family hotel and resort.

He took another sigh. How he wished to take it all back. He even yelled at Beam when he got a call from Nina about the delivery mishap. Forth was just hoping Beam wouldn't get any wrong ideas.

Of course he will.

They were just starting over and this is the last thing that they needed.

He glanced at his phone. He hasn't received a Line or call from Beam. He was unsure if it was a good thing or not. The courier company had notified his secretary that the parcell should be arriving today. Forth wanted to get his hands on the envelope before Beam could even see it's shadow.

His morning was supposed to be beautiful. He just made love to Beam last night and this morning. He was in a good mood until he was told that they should just wait for the receiver to send back the parcell. Now, he could feel his blood boiling. He was a snap away from causing a rampage.

Nina burst in the door trying to catch her breath.

"Do you have it?" Forth asked. He felt his shoulder stiffened from the tension. His jaw clenched.

"No sir. They just delivered it to your husband a few seconds ago. I already sent a team to retrieve the mail but I'm afraid their car is stuck on traffic."

Forth shut his eyes. He took deep breaths to calm himself.

"Must I do everything here myself!"

Nina winced at her boss' voice. She moved aside when Forth walked passed her.

Forth took his necktie off and threw it on the elevator floor.

From the basement car park out came roaring motorcycle speeding directly into the main highway. The harsh wind and smoke welcomed Forth as he speeds up even more. He was in a rush that he didn't bother wearing his helmet. All he wanted was to get to Beam's office. He grew anxious just thinking of Beam going through the contents of the envelope.

Beam placed the envelope down. There were so many questions that he wanted to ask yet he doesn't know where to begin. He was certain everything was going great between them and it made his mind race back to unravel his memories just to check if he missed a sign or if he did something wrong. Beam couldn't find any.

He stood up almost stumbling on his feet. He felt lightheaded. Just as he was about to exit his office, his phone rang.

The screen prompted that it was Forth. It rang still. Beam took a deep breath before swiping on the screen to answer the call.

"Forth.."

"Baby, where are you? I'm on my way to your office."

Beam could hear the loud noises on the background.

Hearing Forth's voice plucked at Beam's heartstrings. It was painful yet comforting at the same time. Beam was crying before he even noticed. He was distraught.

"What's this divorce papers that I received? I thought we were okay. I thought-"

"Baby I'm on my way. I can explain everything." Forth was yelling on the other line just so his voice wouldn't be drowned out by the noise of the now fast-moving traffic.

"Forth. I don't know-"

"Oh shit-"

That was all he heard followed by a loud honk and the line went dead.

Beam felt his heart drop.