FINALE

Even with the heater on, the house that Beam and Forth were in was a little chilly. They were a day ahead prior to Forth's first day in therapy. Beam insisted on just checking in to a hotel but Forth had already rented a house solely because of the mountainous view that can be seen whenever one looks through the window.

"We should rest first. I want to walk outside later. Maybe get soup or coffee." Beam wore another layer of the jacket.

Forth remained silent, sitting on the bed. His abled knee was bouncing up and down, indicating that he was nervous. Beam walked and kneeled before him. Even then, Forth failed to notice his presence. He was seemingly buried deep in his own thoughts.

"Forth?" Beam gently placed his hand on top of his rocking knee.

"Wh-what? Sorry." Forth looked at Beam as if snapping out of a trance. Beam stood up and placed his palm on Forth's cheek.

"It's okay. Go get some rest. I'll wake you up later."

Forth nodded, took off his thick coat and shirt. And buried himself under the pile of blankets.

Hours passed and he opened his eyes seeing Beam on his side, just staring at him with a smile and somewhat teary eyes.

"Did I overslept?" Forth scratched his eyes. He glanced at the window, checking if there was still some daylight.

"It's okay. You want to sleep some more?"

Forth shook his head.

"Then let's go grab dinner outside. You need to eat."

"I know a great place." Forth sat up and stretched his arms. Beam's focus instantly went to his husband's flexing muscles. He gulped as he admired the highly defined cuts from Forth's arms to his abdomen. Beam let his eyes roam around his body as if he owns it.

"Baby. You're sexy." Beam uttered absentmindedly.

Forth paused in the middle of a yawn and snickered with a proud look on his face.

"Baby, what? Say that again." He requested grinning in adoration at Beam.

Having realized what he said, Beam stood up to leave the room but Forth was quick enough to latch on to his wrist and pull Beam straddling on his lap. Their faces only inches apart. Even with layers of the jacket on him, he could feel Beam's heart beating erratically against his bare chest.

"You can't leave. Not until you say that again." He teased, amused at the reaction he was soliciting from Beam.

"Let go. I need to.. uhh.. prep-"

"No. You don't. Just say it again."

Beam chuckled.

"Fine. Fine. Okay. Just this once." Beam placed his hands on Forth's shoulder.

"You're sexy."

Forth grinned. He leaned in closer. One kiss leads to another and even with an injured knee, Forth somehow made it happen.

Everything was white. As far as Beam could see, every roof and street was covered in snow from the night before. It was fortunate that the sky was only gray but Beam worries that the snow might fall anytime.

Forth walked slowly, enduring the inconsistent stabbing pain on his knee. He held Beam's hand until they reach the restaurant strategically located at the corner next to a jewelry store.

Beam liked the place. Forth was relieved. As he watches Beam blew on the soup or even chew he couldn't help but feel like it's as if they were on their first date again. All those years ago. All this time. It still feels the same.