23 - you love me most

"Take a deep breath. Forth is going to be okay." Pha reminded Beam who was still fidgeting on the passenger seat of his car.

Pha and Yo found him in his office in the middle of a panic attack. Pha was only driving Yo back from brunch when they witnessed him in that situation.

"Here P'Beam.. You should drink more water." Wayo handed a bottled water from the back.

Beam's chest was heaving. Beads of sweat had formed on his temples. He was trying his best to calm down but his own heartbeat wasn't cooperating. It felt like he was going to implode when the call abruptly ended earlier. His hands were shaking and the rest of his body seemed unresponsive.

"He didn't had a helmet on." Beam said to no one in particular. His tears were about to burst. His hands gripped on the seatbelt draped across his chest until his knuckles turned white.

Pha's phone on the dashboard rang.

"Hello P'?"

"Ming. We're almost there. We're two blocks away."

If it had been pure luck that Ming and his family were on that same hospital for his son's check up, Beam wouldn't know. He was just grateful to get few scoops of information from someone who is at the same hospital as his husband. What he knows so far from what Ming told them is that Forth is currently inside the emergency room. Ming wasn't close enough to check what his injuries where. The nurses apprehended him before he could get close to them and he, along with Kit and their son were forced to wait on the hospital lobby.

When Pha's car parked right in front of the hospital, Beam bolted out as fast as he could. Every step that he took seemed to rob off every energy in him. Pha and Wayo came running after him not too far behind.

The feeling was strange. It felt like his knees all the way down to his legs were numb. Beam wasn't sure if it was because of his hurricane of emotions or if it was simply from exhaustion. Regardless, he still kept on running towards the hospital. As soon as he entered the building he wanted to collapse. His breathing was unsteady. His heartbeat was racing.

"Beam.." Kit was already waiting for them on the entrance.

"Kit.." He embraced him as soon as he got close.

"Where's Forth? What did the doctor say?" Beam asked frantically.

"He's still inside the emergency room, Beam. We haven't heard anything yet from the doctors." Kit led Beam gently by the arms to the area where Ming and a group of people dressed in corporate attires were waiting. Beam was confused. He turned to Ming, who was sitting right beside them.

"They were the ones who brought P'Forth here." Ming answered.

One of them was familiar to him. If he wasn't mistaken, she was Forth's secretary. When his presence was made they all stood up.

"Sir." All five of them bowed down in front of him at the same time. Beam was caught off guard.

"We are so sorry for what happened. It was our fault." Forth's secretary said while the others were staring down on their feet, looking somewhat ashamed.

"What? What do you mean? I don't understand." Beam slowly sat on the chair. Wayo was promptly assisting him should he fall.

"We were ordered to retrieve a mail that wasn't supposed to be delivered to you. A-and we didn't. W-we couldn't. So he went out to get it himself." Her voice broke.

Beam felt like his head was spinning from what he learned.

"My team were on the same street when Mr. President swerved on the side of a truck. We rushed to get him here as soon as we can." She