MTVG4☆

Ibrahim's P. O. V

I sat down as my father spoke on the phone with me. "You have to come to the village for the ceremony. I can't come so don't wait up." He says and I lean on the chair.

"Okay but what will I do there?" I clench my jaw. "Yeah, it is the shaaro. You will have to prove that you can protect their daughter by doing something."

He says, I stand up walking towards my room. "What exactly? Protecting? I am being forced to do so though." I walk into my room.

"Yes, I know but just to be on the safe side. Call me when you are on your way and done. Your mother sends her greetings to you." He says referring to my step mother, hafsah.

"Okay, I'm sending mine too. I will inform you when I head out." I say. "Okay." My father says before he hung up. I sat down on the bed feeling angry.

I don't know why I would have to be going through this for a girl I don't know or like.
*****

I arrived at the village with buildings made with mud and brass. I step out of my car stretching a bit after a 3 hour drive.  Abdulaziz stood outside passengers seat, looking around.

It was peaceful but there was no form of technology here. "This is very nice." He says closing the door. "Yeah, the caves men era." Muwaffaq says coming out from the back seat.

He was sleeping throughout our drive here. "Let's go and get it over with." I say bringing out my phone to call my father, he will call a man to lead us to their house.

I call him but there wasn't enough service up here. Definitely the caves men era. "Don't do it, the service is depressing." Abdulaziz says showing me his phone.

"Guess the man that was supposed to lead us wouldn't be here." I sigh. "Yeah, we should go back then." Muwaffaq leaning on the car.

"Nah, we should ask." I don't know exactly where I am going but the man was known, as I heard from my father. I don't know the reason why and I don't care.

I wore my blue colored kaftan and my black flat shoe. Abdulaziz wore something similar to mine but Muwaffaq just put on a white shirt and the kaftan's trouser.

He said he would look good either way. I walk down as they followed.

As we walked, people pointed, glared, laughed and smiled. I walked when a guy glared at me before spitting. I look at him, feeling irritated.

"Yo, we are just walking with no destination." Abdulaziz says stopping to look. "Yeah, I want to find the right person to ask." I say before i saw that girl from the hospital.

She was walking with another girl beside her. She was laughing while she held a basket full of leaves or whatever.

I have to admit that I felt a little bit relieved to see her. She looked terrible with her combination of two different wrappers. I walked towards her as the guys just stood looking at me.

The hospital girl looked like she recognized me and she stopped laughing. "Ina wuni - Good afternoon." She says before her friend did the same thing.

Her friend had a huge tribal mark across her cheek and so do other women I have seen so far here. Hospital girl is the only one without it.

"Lafiya - I am fine. Where is your house? I have been looking for it." I say to her. She smiles weakly. "Yes, it is farier that here". She says with her terrible grammar.

"Okay,  please lead the way. We will be following." I say and she nods, continuing to walk. I gesture my friends to follow.

We walked for some time but we have not yet arrived at the house. The women just giggled and spoke while they lead us. "Welcome home." Abdulaziz says looking at me, I push him as he laughed making the women turn around to look at us.