MTVG25

Ummie's point of view.

I flutter my eyes open, my eyes a bit blurry when I felt a sharp pain around my abdomen. It made my sight clearer.

I turn and saw Ibrahim sleeping. He came back, maybe mama saved me and called him.

I smile before trying to sit up. I slowly start moving when I turned my abdomen which made me yelp a bit.

Ibrahim woke up, rubbing his eyes. "Sorry, I woke you up." I smile as he holds my hand, smiling.

"Its alright, I had enough sleep already." He lies obviously. "Mhmm, how's the baby? Is she alive? Is it a she?" I ask at a go.

"Fine, yes and it is a he. It is a baby boy." He sits beside me, holding me. I sigh in relief.

"Thank god, thank God." I say placing hand on my chest. "You need more rest." He kisses my forehead.

"Can I see our baby?" I ask looking at Ibrahim. "Nope, they said you should rest for now."

He lies again. "He said or you said?" I ask smiling. "Okay, I did but the point is you should rest."

I nod because god knows, I am willing to go for another round of sleep. "Go ahead."

I lay down as Ibrahim sat back on the chair. I couldn't help but remember how mama left me like that.

Ibrahim didn't even ask how I got there? Maybe she helped me. I don't know.

I close my eyes, imagining how my baby looks like.

Ibrahim's point of view

I look at Ummie who slept quietly. I wonder how she ended up there? I look at my phone, I called mama multiple  times.

I think I'll have to ask Ummie tomorrow. Immediately.

"Ummie!" I heard her mother's voice. I walk outside the room, closing the door.

"What about Ummie?" Her mother asks  walking towards the door. "She's sleeping, everything is fine." I say trying to calm her down.

She continues looking at Ummie who was sleeping. "What about the baby?" She asks without looking at me.

"He is in the NICU, in an incubator." I say as she turns to look at me. "You know I don't know what those are." She says.

"He's where the babies are kept but he's in a box. The box is meant to help the baby since he's premature."

She nods, taking deep breaths. "How is the baby premature? She hasn't even reached nine months."

"I saw her at the stairs, maybe she fell."

"She has always been clumsy, she should've been careful." She turns looking at Ummie.

"Thank you for saving her and being there."

I forget that her mother grew up in the village. She didn't have an accent like other villagers do.

"It's nothing." I look outside and saw Mohammad. "Excuse me."

"How is it? How is she?" Mohammad asks handing me a basket of bread and cupcakes.

"She's fine,  thank you." I take the basket from him. "How about you? How's life treating you?"

"Not so good. My wife is facing alot of heat, she's been busted. You must've heard of it."

I nod when a woman walks to us, smiling. "Hello, you must be ibrahim. I'm aneesah, I hope your wife is well."