MTVG22

Ibrahim's point of view.

People think being the only guy in a family is easy? I thought it was before I was on his position.

I can't sleep well because they both know crying is my weakness.

I had to talk to mama about how she treated Ummie, she just kept on saying that I should've let her go.

How can I? She has my child.

I thought it is all going to be fine till I heard that she is going to be staying longer because baba has travelled.

For a month or so. Leaving me with his complicated wife. He should've left with her to wherever.

I lay down, looking at the ceiling while mama kept on talking. "You're my only child."

"Sometimes you forget I have a sister right." I sigh, closing my eyes. "She isn't a male, so you are my only male child. That is what I meant."

She says filing her nails. "Thank you." I try to sleep but she keeps on talking. She is supposed to be doing this with Ummie, I need to sleep.

"Your show must be on by now, that Indian series." I say, attempting to distract her.

"Yes, do you know what happened yesterday? The lead actor.....". She continues telling me something.

I don't know what exactly, I was sleeping through her explanation.

My phone rang as I stood up to answer the call. "Yes."

"Good morning, sir. The company called to tell you that the meeting is tomorrow at Kaduna."

"Okay, thank you." I hang up before I paused for a moment. I will be travelling, who will be keeping this women at bay?

Who will control them because they'll kill each other.

I went to my room and lay down. Thinking about it before I sleep off when Ummie walked into my room.

"Hey, I've been looking for you all over the house." She sits beside with makeup on her face.

It looks like she wants to star in a horror movie.

"What did you do?" I ask. "I was bored so I thought that I should try the makeup sadatu my friend taught me."

"I watched one tutorials so I wore makeup on each side of my face differently. Which one looks better?"

She turns from side to side so I could pick one. "You want me to tell you honestly?"

I ask so I would know what to say. "Sure, don't be too blunt please." She continues turning her head.

"None, it doesn't look good. It looks like Jeeper's creepers monster." I say as she laughs.

"I didn't watch Jeeper's creepers but he sound ugly. I told you not to be blunt." Sh nudges me a bit.

"I'll continue trying, you're sleepy ne?" She asks. "Kind of, I'm going to be travelling tomorrow but I don't know what to do."

I scratch my head frustratedly. "You don't know what to do about what?"

"You and mama. You will kill yourselves before I come back. I want to leave you with someone that can stay between you two."

She sighs. "You should go, we'll be fine by ourselves. I will be taking care of mama." She looks at me.

"No, I don't think I can risk it." I shake my head as she holds my hand. "Just go and stop worrying. I'll be its care of her."

"I will just keep on ignoring her like before."

I felt hesitant towards this but they aren't children. I can leave them for just three days then I'll be back.

I nod slowly. "Great, I'll go grab something to munch on." Ummie stands up with her swollen belly.

"When are you due?" I ask.

"I'm supposed to be due in three months and a few days. I'm seven months preggo."

I place my hand on her belly. "I can't wait for this baby to come to this world."

"I can, I can wait. I will be due in three months but I feel like three days. The pain is real." Ummie shakes her head before walking away.

At least I got the house keeping on check.

"Mama, I  will travelling tomorrow and I need you to please make it easier for Ummie. She is with child, our child. So please take care of her too."

I say while mama filed her nails like she wasn't listening to what I was saying.

"I told you that I will ruin your marriage, taking care of her is not apart of it."

She looks at me with a smug look. "This is your grandchild we are talking about."

"There will always be apart of me that  loves my grandchildren but if she's in it, I'll pass."

She continues filing her nails. "You still don't get it, I'm not going to divorce Ummie especially now. I'll bring someone then."

I stand up and walked away.

I wore up very early so I could get my things ready. I couldn't wake Ummie up because I wanted her to do things for me.

I wear my clothes and went downstairs when I found mama preparing food for me.

I ignore it as I start making my coffee. "Sit down and eat." She places my  food in front of where I'm supposed to sit.

"I'm not hungry, thank you." I say without looking at her. "I'm not asking you, sit down. I'm your mother."

I sigh before sitting down so I could eat. "Besides, you didn't even greet me so don't make me furious. You're grown up koh?"

She asks looking at me wile I ate. This feels like I was back at high school/secondary school.

This is when parents insult or condemn you when you're eating especially if your eating habits are terrible.

I smile thinking about old times. "Why are you smiling like a psycho?"

She asks furrowing her brows. "This is how you used to act towards me when I was in secondary."

She smiles. "You were feeling yourself, thinking you are all grown up." She pats my head.

"I really was feeling myself." I shake my head,  smiling when I looked at the time.

"I'm late, I have to go." I stand up, adjusting my clothes. "Okay, goodluck." She says as I walk to the front door.

"Um, please tell Ummie that....".

"Don't worry, I'll tell her." I nod then walked out of the house.

Vote

Follow

Comment