MTVG17

I wake up and I didn't see Ibrahim beside me. I wore a shirt and head tie then went outside to check it out.

There was no one except mama. He was serious about going to the farm, he has never even went there.

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or be worried. He might chop his legs off in the process.

Mama was looking around as I sat down. "They went out early to farm." She says before sitting down beside me.

"Ibrahim is going to die there, he's not used to it."

I smile looking at mama. "You'll be surprised, he might be very good at it."

"What are the chances?" I ask tilting my head. "Slim." She answers as we chuckle.

"Anyways, I need you to fetch water for me. I want to start cooking now because you know how they'll be hungry when they come back."

Mama stands up. "Okay." I take a bucket and walked to the nearby well. The well was further away from our house.

I kept my bucket and threw the rope used to fetch the water. "Well, look who it is?"

I hear a voice that is very familiar and annoying. "Isn't it Ummie?" Lami asks looking at me. I ignore her because she seems to be enjoying the attention.

Lami is the head's village daughter, she went to school and had the good things here.

"I wasn't expecting you here, I thought you were in the city."

She leans on the well so she could she me properly.

"You've gotten fatter and of course more stupid. You don't know how to greet?"

She asks shoving me, hitting my bucket to the ground. I smile, shaking my head.

"It is like you want me to beat you up. You don't know when someone is ignoring you. Don't you have anything better to do?"

I ask while she placed her hands on her waist. "I do, bullying you. You should be honored that somebody like me...".

She turns around. "Is looking at you." She pushes me again. Lami is said to be the finest girl here, I am not included since my family are outcasts.

"Don't ever lay your hand on me again you sagged old woman. You're 25 yet you look like your 40. Your husband will marry another wife."

I say as her friends that stood behind her, giggled a bit. She turns to me, hr nose flaring.

"I'm an old woman? What about you? You are an illiterate with no future or knowledge. Your parent's are incompetent and useless. That is why you live in that bush."

She says when I slapped her across the face. She staggers backwards, her hand on her cheek.

She slowly gets her balance back. "Never call me parents that ever again! Even if you will insult anything about me, don't insult anyone I care about."

She looks at me surprised before she lunges at me. We tug, push, beat and tackle each other.

I felt someone tug me away from her by my waist. "Let me go!" I saygo the unknown male that held me.

"Stop this, you are both grown women you should stop this." Dahiru says as Lami adjusts her clothes.

"It is her, tell he to catch her head. Tohm, ni fa na ga ji." She lies then walks away.

She is acting like I was the one. I look at Dahiru who sighed. "Can I at least hear a hello?"

He asks and I turn to fetch the water. "Hello."

He stands beside me. "When I heard you were back, I didn't believe it till I saw you."

He says smiling. I keep the rope on the floor. "Okay, thank you." I take the bucket, walking away. "Let me." He takes the bucket away from me.

"Thank you, you are acting wei...differently." I say walking behind him.

"Yeah, I fell in love with another girl and found a job. Selling some clothes."

He keeps the bucket down, facing me. "Wow, a girl can really change a person."

I smile, crossing my arms. "I guess." He shrugs. "You're back already?"

Mama asks walking towards us, adjust her wrapper. "Yes, I met Dahiru on the way and he helped me with this."

I point to the bucket. "How nice, thank you. Oh, they're back too.' She looks behind us.

Ibrahim came back looking haggard, my father and brother looked normal. I chuckle looking at him but he just seems to be looking at Dahiru.

"Come and sit, you must be tired. Welcome back." I pull Ibrahim to sit. "This is Dahiru, my friend." I introduce them as they shake hands.

"It is nice to meet you, I've heard so much about you." Dahiru says honestly, I kind of hate it. He says everything thing in his mind.

"Really? Where?"

"This village, the news runs fast." Dahiru shove his hands in his pocket. "Okay."

"Well, I will be leaving now. See you soon, bye." Dahiru walks away and I look at him.

"What is it?" Ibrahim asks. "Nothing, I'm just happy for him."

"Really? It doesn't seem that way." He crossed his arms. "Well, he used to look for my han in marriage. Now I don't even have an admirer."

"Okay." He nods gently then looked away. Did I piss him off or is he jealous? I shouldn't have said it.

We came back home with the stash of fura, it had been too long. I throw myself on the couch as Ibrahim seats on the other couch.

He didn't say a word to me since my slip of tongue. I didn't think Ibrahim is that jealous.

I sit up. "Why are you ignoring me?" I ask.

He glances at me. "How about you ask your admirer?" I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Sorry, I didn't think you are jealous. I thought o could share this kind of stuff with you." I sit beside while he continued watching.

"You know I wouldn't do anything to hurt you." I lean my head on his shoulder.

"You shouldn't be falling for other guys when you're married."

"Okay, I'm sorry." I look at him as he holds my hand. I'm forgiven.

"How about I take a bath then come down and watch while we eat?" I ask walking backward to the stairs.

"Is that a form of enjoyment for you?" He smiles. "Yes and I hope you can support me. I'll be back." I run
up the stairs.

.....