MTVG21

Ummie's point of view

Why is it that mama's hatred for me escalate with each second? I don't know why, I do but I can't understand it.

The minute she sees me happy is like a death sentence for her. Since that warning, i had a lot of bad times with Ibrahim.

The good times sometimes are too good. (Might not be what you're thinking).

I pace around while bello was working. "I am actually tired, seriously. I can't even be at peace." I cross my arms.

"Sometimes I no get what you are talking about. You rap." Bello places his hands on his waist.

"I'm tired." I pout, sitting down in the chair, under the gazebo. "Me too, I'll really go for coke right now."

I laugh. "I don't mean it that way." I chuckle as he sat down. "You have been complaining for more than an hour here about the same problem."

"You should find a solution, not keep on talking about the same thing. Now, go. I'm tired, I'll retire to my room."

He stands up and left. Bello might have had a thing for me before I got pregnant.

It was like a switch when he found out. Now, he is a reliable person. Funny too.

I walk inside the house, thinking about other problems of mine. "What were you talking about with him?"

Mama asks out of nowhere. Someone would think she cares about me, she didn't even answer my greeting to her.

"Nothing." I roll my eyes. "You're talking to that gateman eh? Let Ibrahim come back." She walks about happily.

I shrug, going to my bedroom. I watch multiple series on the struggle African American go through in their 'hood'.

Some things, we suffer more.

I kept on changing and changing till I found the perfect movie for me. I started watching when the door opened.

Ibrahim appears, looking at me. "Welcome back, I didn't even notice you were back." I hugged him but he didn't hug me back.

He's obviously pissed, not again. "Mama told you something?" I ask as he nods.

I sigh waiting for what is it. What did she see me do? "You're still talking to Bello? I told you to stop."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "You knew I talk to him. It was cool with you, he is not a parasite or anything."

He shakes his head slowly. "I told you to stop. Do you know how dangerous it is, especially nowadays with this kidnapping and stuff?"

I roll my eyes. "Bello isn't like that, don't worry. We're safe." I sit on my bed. "You don't seem to understand the concept. I don't like it, stop talking to him."

He says firmly and I nod. "Is it because he's a gateman? If it was a mam with a suit, you will be cool with it."

I say as Ibrahim narrow his eyes. "If you think money and power will make me accept a person then you don't know me."

He turns to leave. "I think you would, why?" I ask crossing my arms. He stops to look at me then walked out.

I groan, laying down in irritation. I hate this, sometimes I wish I could just teleport to my village.

The parlor was silent with only the movie's sound. We sat in different chairs, not saying a word to each other.

"Can you understand this or do you need me to tell you?" Mama says to me but I just ignore her. "Mama."

Ibrahim says. "What is mama? Don't mama me, it is true." She defends herself.

"Did she go to school? She is an illiterate with no manners. Life is full of surprises, who would think this village rat will live in the city with one of the most influential families."

"It will go down in history in your village, it will be like a folktale story to children if they want to pursue their dreams."

I stand up unable to stay because I might say something we would both regret.

"Goodnight." I walk away feeling tears welling up in my eyes. I sat on my bed, sobbing hardly.

I love Ibrahim but I have my pride. I am being humiliated for marrying him, people forgot I was forced too at first.

I can't do this anymore.

I stand up packing my clothes while I sobbed. I shove my clothes in my suitcase.

Ibrahim walks in, walking towards me. "What are you doing?" He asks. "I am leaving, I can't do this anymore."

My voice cracking. "Why?" He asks as I stop to look at him. "Your mother literally insulted me back there, she does that everyday when you're around or not."

I walk towards him. "Your mother says stuff to you and you get pissed at me. I'm not supposed to be going through this in my condition."

I start crying again. "I'm tired, I want to go back home where I can take care of my problems. I won't kill myself."

I turn to my suitcase. "Don't go, please." He stands beside me. "I don't want to too but you don't have a solution to this."

I zip the bag but he stops me from carrying it. "I'm sorry, okay. I'll think of something, so stop crying.'

He wipes the tears on my face. "I'll take care of it okay? Just stay." He hugs me and I hug him back.

"Have you eaten yet?" He asks as I shake my head. "You should be eating, no matter how angry you are. You're eating for two."

I caresses my back, slowly.

Vote

Follow

Comment