MTVG26∆

Ummie's point of view

I sat down on my bed. I saw my baby boy and he looks so cute. They said he was born earlier than expected.

They kept him in a box so he could grow up. How can a box made with glass make a child grow up?

In the village there's nothing like that. That thing is useless but Ibrahim left our child there since it makes him feel better. Fine.

"What made you fall down the stairs?" My mother asks folding some clothes. "I don't know. All I know is that I fell down the stairs then gave birth."

I shrug. "You are very stupid! You don't know? Couldn't your feet feel it before you slipped or have I given birth to a fool?"

I look at mama confused. It sounds like she's worrying about me but she sounds like I have killed someone.

"Sorry,I think its water. My mind is kind of foggy.' I try to make an excuse.

"But come to think of it, how could Ibrahim leave you alone in the house?" She hissed.

"He left me with his mother. Step mother."

"How come she did not help you?" She asks and I sigh. "She helped me, isn't be the one that brought me here?"

I ask trying to prove a point. "No, Ibrahim did. I haven't seen your mother in was at all or have you?"

She crosses her arms when I remember the time we were on the way to the hospital.

Ibrahim's step mom was not present, she left me to die. I didn't think she hated me that way.

"She left me at the stairs, she left me to die. She was willing to let my baby die." I say my eyes fixated on the floor.

"She left you?! How can she let my daughter die?! She wouldn't let her child die ai!" She shouts making me snap back to reality.

"You will not go back to that house, I swear to you." My eyes widened. "Where would I go then?" I ask.

"To the village, I am not going to let my child die." She stands up and leaves, slamming the door.

"Mama!" I called her but she ignores me. I am pissed too but going back to the village. They will keep on picking on us plus I will be missing season 2 of games people play.

I sigh when Ibrahim walks in. "Hey." He walks in with his hands full of nylons. "How are you doing?"

He asks placing the nylons down then comes towards me. "Not so well." I cross my arms.

"Okay, what happened?" He sits on the bed, holding my hand. "We found out that your mom left me at the stairs."

He looks down. "I would've died with my child now, my mom said that I'm going to go back to the village."

He turns to look at me. "You can't."

"Why? Your mom saw me suffering and left me. I don't want to go but I feel like I must for my safety. I agree with my mom."

"When did she say this?" He asks. "Right now, just before you walked on. Didn't you meet her outside the door?"

He shakes his head. "Well, she said it now. I will have to go the minute I get better." I sigh.

"How can I make her change her mind?" He asks kissing my hand. "I don't know."

"I'll find a way." I shrug. "Okay."

The door opens, my mom walking in. "Ibrahim, you're back?" Mama asks, closing the door.

"Yes, mama. How is everything?" He asks looking nervous. "Everything is not alright, Ibrahim. I found out about my daughter who was left to die."

He looks down. "Mama, I'm sorry. This is my fault, I don't know what I was thinking for leaving her."

She sits down, clasping her hands. "No, you travelled to provide for Ummie so its understandable. What wasn't understandable is knowing they weren't on good terms, yet you left them together?"

My mom says and that is partly my fault. "I said I would handle it, I convinced him. We just didn't think her hatred is that deep."

I defend him as mama just looked at me with her eyebrows raised. "Its my fault, I knew yet I was swayed to convince myself."

Ibrahim says. "Exactly but I get it. She's your mother, you'd never think it was that deep but you don't also expect me to take her back to the same house your is in."

Ibrahim nods. "I understand your point."

"Good. I am not taking your wife away forever, I'm just taking her to the village in the mean time. Before you find a solution."

She sighs. "Okay." He responds before mama stood up. "I'll let you talk." She exits the room.

"I know what to do but don't know how to do it." Ibrahim scratches his forehead.

"What do you mean?"

"The problem is mama is at home with no date to return back to her house. I don't know how to tell her that she has to leave."

He stands up, pacing. "I have no clue how to solve this issue." I raise my hands in the air.

"I know, I'll be back." He runs out before I could say anything. "I'm so bored." I lay down, groaning.

"It's not fair, I thought I would win if I played it like this." I point to the whot cards I played with Ibrahim's sister.

"I won, fair and square." She laughs. "Hahahahaha, you must be enjoying yourself." I say piling it up so  we could start again.

"I'm sorry about what my mother did. She shouldn't have pushed you." She says looking sincere.

"This past few months were kind of hard for her. She's complicated." She explains further.

"It is alright, I just want her to know Ber mistake on this and we should just go our separate ways. Excluding Ibrahim. She's his mother."

She nods. "Your son's cute."

"Thank you, I just want to hold him in my arms. Not in a stupid useless box." I place a card while salma chuckled.

Vote

Follow

Comment