MTVG18

I wake up, stretching my body. I rush to the bathroom, throwing my guts up. I rinse mouth, feeling tired.

What is going on? I look at myself in the mirror. You look good.

"Are you alright?" Ibrahim asks placing his hand on my back. "Yeah, I don't know what's wrong. I'll find out later if anything comes up."

I say before taking my brush. "Okay, we'll go the hospital then." I sigh feeling tired even though I haven't done anything. It has been boring and tiresome.

I close my eyes while I lay on the bed. The fact that my step mother in law is coming over is insane.

I groan dreadly. "Are you going to get ready?" Ibrahim asks.

"I am, I'm just tired." I force myself to sit up. "Sorry, we'll go to he hospital immediately she arrives." He crosses his arms, smiling.

"Nothing, and I'm just gettin...."

"What is it?"

"Nothing, just zoned out for a bit. I'll get ready." I stand up, getting ready. Ibrahim looked partly confused.

"Okay but she will be arriving on at least an hour." He leaves as I sigh. What if I'm pregnant?

I sit in front of the mirror, wearing my makeup. I hope she arrives soon.

I stand in front of the door, waiting for Ibrahim and his step mom to come in. I try to put up a fake smile.

They walk in, Ibrahim helping her with her luggage. "Welcome, mama." I hug her but she slightly pushed me away.

I nod, clenching my jaw. Hiding my annoyance behind a forced smile. "I'm so tired, take this will you." She shoves her bag into my arms.

I look at Ibrahim but he just gives me a slight nod like, just leave it, sorry.

I roll my eyes then took it to the room she's supposed to stay in. Before I could turn back, I heard her shout my name.

"Come." She shouts. I went as she told me to with a veil. I need to confirm whether I'm pregnant or not.

"Yes, mama." I stand in front of her. "Where are you going?" She asks looking at me from head to toe.

"Yes, we are going to the hospital she has been feeling sick." Ibrahim takes the car keys. "We'll be back very soon."

"What about me? Why shouldn't she go with a driver?" She asks. "Because I'm available and I'm her husband."

"So you'll leave me alone?" She turns to Ibrahim. I can't let them start arguing right now, I need them to be peaceful so I can have someone that can cool me down when I'm pissed with her.

"Let's just postpone it. I can wait."

"Exactly." Mama agrees as I ignore her. "Are you sure?"

I nod, smiling warmly. "Okay, now can I please eat." She takes her veil off. "Sure. I'll be back."

I get the tray ready the best way and brought it out. I placed it front of her as she pats my back.

"Sorry, I've been over working you. I'm used to it." She smiles at me which was weird.

"No, its okay."

I sit, why is she acting all nice? Or has she started liking me because on my wedding, she didn't even attend it.

"Are you pregnant yet?" She asks straightforward. I felt awkward and embarrassed.

"No, not yet." Ibrahim sits,scratching his head. "Okay, I hope I'm not disturbing you. I just got home sick, you father has been so busy nowadays."

She clasps her hands. "Its okay, you're welcome." I say.

"Thank you." She holds my hand, smiling warmly at me.

Ibrahim's point of view.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that my step mom is so polite and nice to Ummie.

She has been talking to Ummie about villages, that made Ummie spill everything about her hometown.

They went upstairs and kept on talking and laughing. I'm not sure what is going on.

I pour a glass of water while scrolling through my phone. Ummie walks in with her nightwear.

She was smiling widely. "Hey." She opens the fridge, taking out a bucket of ice cream.

"You're hungry already?" I ask. "Yeah, plus I feel like snacking on something." She brings out two bowls.

"Including mama too." She adds, looking at me. "You enjoy talking to her?"

She turns, letting out a sigh. "Its sometimes awkward but I talk to her just fine."

"Really?" I keep the cup, pulling Ummie to my arms. She laughs loudly, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Yeah." I kiss her deeply then her neck. She pulls away, adjusting her clothes. "What's wrong?" I try to pull her closer to me.

She signals me to look behind me. I turn to see my step mom, crossing her arms looking at us.

I turn back to Ummie who couldn't raise her head. "Can you excuse us?" My step mother asks as ummie nods, rushing out.

Mama glaces at her before scoffing. "She's naive. I see you are already used to her, you shouldn't." She walks towards me.

"What are you saying?" I furrow my brows. "I made a promise to you that I will separate you from her on your wedding day. Can you remember?"

She asks with a smirk. "That was before, its different now."

"Its not for me, I want you to be separated like we agreed. My reputation has been affected drastically because she's a village girl."

She keeps talking. "So when are you planning to leave her?" She turns to me.

"I'm not leaving her, I love her. That's why I'm still married to her." I say when my step mother's expression changed.

"I will not take that from you. Whether you agree or not, you will divorce her!" She storms out, leaving me flabbergasted.

I walk into my room as I see Ummie, watching. "What are you watching?" I sit beside her.

"Um..keeping up with the kardashians." She looks at me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just tired." I lie but she daises an eyebrow. "I know you better than that. What is it?"

"Mama is just angry with me."

"Don't worry, she'll calm down but tread carefully with her." She places her hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you." I sigh. "Well, I know what will make you feel better." She stands up and sits on my lap.

"You know me so well." I look at her. "Yep." She says before I place her on the bed.

Vote

Follow

Comment