MTVG5☆

Ummita's Point of view

I sit down with my jaw clenched and my legs shaking. I wished he backed out but he didn't. I close my eyes, leaning back when I felt someone sit down beside me.

I open my eyes just to see the guy that hit my father. I roll my eyes getting annoyed. "So what's your name?" He asks as I smile forcefully. "Ummie." I say.

"Oh okay. Ummie, it is obvious that you don't like me." He says as I furrow my eyebrows. "Um...what is ovbubios?" I ask and he chuckles.

"It is something clearly known." He says looking at me with his pink lips, maybe because of the pepper. "Oh, yes." I agree. "And it is obvious that you like my friend Abdulaziz."

He says pointing to the guy that was having a conversation with his other friend with the shirt. We met eyes and smiled slightly at me. I look away and back at hit guy.

"Really? I don't like him at all." I lie obviously. "Yeah right. Either way, I am here to strike a deal with you." He says leaning closer to me.

I don't really like him but he smelled really good. "We will get married for a year and get divorced." He says as I snap my head to his direction.

"What is devorche?" I ask even though it sounded bad. "We will break up, no more marriage." He says and I shake my head. "I can't, my mom and dad are going to killing me. " I say.

"Yeah but if we get divorced, you will get married to my friend Abdulaziz forever." He says looking at me. "Really?" I ask stealing glances.

"I will find an excuse why we broke up so yeah just let me ....you don't have a phone. I will contact you somehow so just be in touch. We will be leaving now."

He says standing up. "Okay." I say looking around to see how the people were holding up. "Have a safe trip back home but what is your name." I say looking at him.

"Ibrahim Abdulqadir." He says before he walked away. I watched him walk with his friends as I stood up. Better get something to do.

I sat down outside picking out the stones from the local rice (marori). I was thinking about the deal Ibrahim offered. I did have feelings for his friend not to lie but I still felt somehow to play my parents like that.

If I divorce him and get married to someone immediately after, my parents will be harassed and insulted more because I have become a tramp.

I was thinking when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I yelp in fright, turning to see who it was. It was Sadatu, she placed her hands on her waist while looking at me with her eyebrows furrowed.

I close my eyes to feel the relief before i star screaming at her. "What is wronging with you?" I ask as she sits down glaring at me. "It is 'what is wrong with you?' not 'what is wronging with you?'." She says.

"Either way." I say but she hissed. "Don't make me angrier now because I am already angry with you." She says shaking her head.

"What is it?" I ask. "I heard that you don't really like him". She says and I chuckle. "Raliya told you, koh?" I ask, picking the dirt of the rice.

"Who else?" She says smiling. Raliya is a distant relative of mine but she doesn't act like family. All She does to me is to join hands with the rich and high class girls in the village and bully me.

The girls hate me because I look way prettier than them because I have no marks. Raliya recently came to ask for my forgiveness but I guess she is back to her old self, the hypocrite of the town.

"Raliya, may Allah give her self respect and honor." I say shaking my head. "Ummie, your English is getting better." She says and I shrug feeling myself.

"Anyway, why don't you like him? He is from the city that you always wanted and I saw him, he is very very good looking." She says trying to persuade me.

"Yeah but I prefer his friend." I say without looking at her. "The one with the tshirt?" She asks with a high pitch. "Nah, the other one.'

I say smiling at her reaction. "Oooh, yeah that one is good looking too but that one is better." She says. "He gave me a suggestion, well a deal." I say as she crawls closer to me. "What deal?" She asks placing her head on her hands.

"Well, we will be getting married for a year and then break up but I will get married to his friend, forever as expected." I say but sadatu just shook her head. "Don't do that because you know how this place is."

She says. "They are heartless and all they know is harassing, gossip and money. Look at how they treat us already not to talk of you getting married twice in a span of one year." She says sitting up.

"Just advising." She says raising her hands in the air. Sadatu is not like us, she is from the wadabe tribe. There are fulanis too but most people call them wild so when they came here, it was unbearable.

She didn't have friends at all so I became friends with her because at a certain point in my life I didn't have friends so I saw myself in her.

It took time for my friends to be open to her but I became closer to her than anyone.

"You're right about that but I don't know. I don't want to live all my life with him." I say referring to Ibrahim. "You don't know him yet so don't hasten to judge him. He might be even better."

She says. She made a good point even though my gut told me that he is no good. "SADATU!" Sadatu's mother shouts from afar. She sighed before standing up.

"I better head out, my mother is going to kill me already. Greet your parents for me and send Haleem kisses for me." She says batting her eyelashes.

"Eew, get out of here!" I shout as we laughed. Sadatu made me feel way better, I might just try to know him better.

I was sweeping the compound when I heard someone walking towards the house. I couldn't see the face due to the sunlight. I used my hands to cover my eyes when I saw Ibrahim with a bag in his hand.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter
Don't forget to vote, comment and follow if possible....

Anonymous♡